World of Goo Official Realese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hdas View Post
    Aside, I wonder why they had to take the pain of hosting 3 binaries for linux - rpm, deb, and tgz. (I guess hosting is nothing compared to porting.) Me using tgz, though I primarily run Ubuntu . Also, I was pleasantly surprised to see gentoo ebuilds available browsing through the home page of gentoo - like great old times.
    Heh... I would have expected them to use Mojo myself. But if they're game and it all works for them, packaging it for the two mainline packaging systems and a tarball for those who don't use RPMs or DEBs works. If they're okay with it, so am I- it's a game that's fun that they actually went out of their way to make a version for us.

Comment

Maybe you can use the demo executeable? When the differences are only the extra levels?

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        Maybe you can use the demo executeable? When the differences are only the extra levels?
        Depends on whether the demo has a lock to bind the game to only those levels or not. Most titles have an #define or similar that forces the demo to only work with the data specific to the sniff they give you of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
          The only copy protection ever that was effective was early StarForce versions. And we all know how well *that* one went soon after...
          You could easily get around starforce, you had to unplug your CDROM/DVD drive and use mounting software... not exactly the hardest system to crack.

Comment

Just bought the game and must say that it's very addictive

Comment

Working...
            X