World of Goo Official Realese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World of Goo Official Realese

Linux port of "World of Goo" has been released today. After long wait we can finally use native version of this excellent game.

Linux version is packaged in three formats:
    -rpm
    -deb
    -tar
    Unfortunately there is no 64bit version. But don't fear, i386 version will work on 64bit systems(with 32bit libraries, most systems come with it preinstalled if not pleas read documentation of your distribution).

Linux version unsupports also one feature not included in other ports, it's a "Multiple Mice Support".
    Description from readme:
    As an unsupported feature, the Linux version of World of Goo can be played
    with up to four players at a time, each using a separate mouse.
    More about it on this page:

I want to mention that everyone that bought World Of Goo in 2DBoy Shop http://2dboy.com/games.php can download their Linux version now.
    Last edited by sobkas; 13 February 2009, 08:41 AM.
    RBEU #1000000000 - Registered Bad English User

Please compile on etch:

./WorldOfGoo.bin: /lib/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./WorldOfGoo.bin)

Comment

Works fine on openSUSE 11.0 / 11.1 32 and 64.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        Please compile on etch:

./WorldOfGoo.bin: /lib/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./WorldOfGoo.bin)
        I don't have access to source code. I'm only small beta tester. But I will forward bug report.

Answer:
        Upgrade glibc, new stable version of Debian should be released in near future.

ps. I'm not 2DBoy employee or anything.
        Last edited by sobkas; 13 February 2009, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          Please compile on etch:

It should work, I tested the beta on etch 32bit, also lenny 64bit.

Comment

Originally posted by storma View Post
            It should work, I tested the beta on etch 32bit, also lenny 64bit.
            I see this:
            readelf -s ./WorldOfGoo.bin | grep GLIBC_2.4
            20: 00000000 0 FUNC GLOBAL DEFAULT UND __vswprintf_chk@GLIBC_2.4 (6)
            165: 00000000 0 FUNC GLOBAL DEFAULT UND __stack_chk_fail@GLIBC_2.4 (6)
            on release and last beta. So there is a problem.
            Why I didn't thought about checking that earlier.
            Last edited by sobkas; 13 February 2009, 10:03 AM.

Comment

This has been the best beta test I've ever had the pleasure of being a part of, and is likely one of the best $20 entertainment investments I'll ever make. Seriously, play the demo, of this, folks-- if you think its even potentially remotely interesting, get the full version. It's worth it even for sixty-one whole megabytes.

Oh yeah, this is nice to have, too: http://kylegabler.com/WorldOfGooSoundtrack/

Comment

It's napping

Well there is some movement on independent gaming sites:

The nice interview:
                We have given out the last of the 10 free WOG downloads. Thank you to the bloggers who helped us make the point...there ARE Linux users who...

And some fun:
                Last edited by sobkas; 14 February 2009, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Doesn't work for me I installed the rpm onto Fedora 10 64Bit.

/usr/bin/WorldOfGooDemo: /opt/WorldOfGooDemo/WorldOfGoo.bin: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory
                  /usr/bin/WorldOfGooDemo: line 22: /opt/WorldOfGooDemo/WorldOfGoo.bin: Success

Edit:
                  OK, I've installed glicb.i686, mesa-libGLU, libX11, libXau, libXdamage, libXdmcp, libXext, libXfixes, libXxf86vm, libdrm, libgcc, libstdc++, libxcb, mesa-libGL, SDL, SDL_mixer, libmikmod and now it seems all my dependencies are OK, but it segfaults at startup.
                  Last edited by MellowFellow; 14 February 2009, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MellowFellow View Post
                    OK, I've installed glicb.i686, mesa-libGLU, libX11, libXau, libXdamage, libXdmcp, libXext, libXfixes, libXxf86vm, libdrm, libgcc, libstdc++, libxcb, mesa-libGL, SDL, SDL_mixer, libmikmod and now it seems all my dependencies are OK, but it segfaults at startup.
                    Can you post content of ~/.WorldOfGoo/WorldOfGoo.log and what returns ldd /opt/WorldOfGoo/WorldOfGoo (pastebin.com).
                    And of course you don't try to start /opt/WorldOfGoo/WorldOfGoo.bin but you starting it from menu or /opt/WorldOfGoo/WorldOfGoo, I am right?

Comment

Working...
                    X