Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sapphire Radeon HD 4670 512MB GDDR4

Phoronix: Sapphire Radeon HD 4670 512MB GDDR4

Back in September we reviewed the Sapphire Radeon HD 4670 graphics card that offered 512MB of GDDR3 memory. Overall, this RV730-based graphics card had performed well under Linux and not a bad investment with it retailing for about $80 USD. Sapphire Technology though has now introduced a new version of the Radeon HD 4670 that sports 512MB of GDDR4 memory. Will switching out the GDDR3 for GDDR4 memory have much of an overall impact on this graphics card? We have the results in this article.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Doesn't look faster to me.

Comment

Images wrong labeled

Ok, I know I am a bit pedantic, but the nixe bars are labeled:

hd4650 ddr3, hd4670 ddr3 hd4830 ddr3 AND: HD4_8_70 DDR4.

i think they are alphabetically ordered, so the order is also a bit
      confusing.

Comment

I wish the GDDR3 version had that fan. The one I've got is noisy as hell and I'll have to replace it once I start using it more often.

Comment

Why is a 4830 stomping all over a 4870?

Comment

Originally posted by rotarychainsaw View Post
            Why is a 4830 stomping all over a 4870?
            There's a note at the bottom of page 3 :

Note: the graphs label the Sapphire HD 4670 GDDR4 incorrectly as being an HD 4870. This typo will be fixed, as in fact it is an HD 4670 model.
            The "4870" is actually the card under test, the GDDR4 4670.
            Last edited by bridgman; 11 February 2009, 03:25 PM.
            Test signature

Comment

Am I the only one seeing this article bug?

Screenshot of page 1 (zoomed out to fit in my screen):

As you can see, somehow the graphs of page 4 are embedded there. This happens on all pages -except- page 4. Also the first time I see this on Phoronix.

Comment

hi!

what is the length of this card?

i would like to put it in this asus t3 system: http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1...52&modelmenu=1

Comment

Originally posted by reiichiroh View Post
                  hi!

what is the length of this card?

i would like to put it in this asus t3 system: http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1...52&modelmenu=1
                  It is a "standard" length graphics card that does not extend very far beyond the PCI Express slot, like most low-end and midrange graphics cards. It should fit easily in your case.

Comment

Originally posted by MU_Engineer View Post
                    It is a "standard" length graphics card that does not extend very far beyond the PCI Express slot, like most low-end and midrange graphics cards. It should fit easily in your case.
                    it's ultimately pointless to buy any ati card if you want to use it under linux compared to nvidia, lack of good drivers seem to make their cards worthless.

It would be good to see phoronix include some tests of popular games under Wine, when they review video cards if they want to give Linux users good information.

Eg. WoW, CS, CS:S, CoD4, Eve, Guild Wars.

Comment

Working...
                    X