Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nouveau Driver 2009 Status Update

Phoronix: Nouveau Driver 2009 Status Update

The Nouveau driver has seen a lot of progress in the past year when it comes to new NVIDIA GPU support, improved 2D acceleration, 3D acceleration working for some GeForce series, and various other improvements. All 3D work for this open-source community-generated driver for NVIDIA graphics card is being done within Gallium3D. Also discussed during the Nouveau status briefing was the Gallium3D video decoding that uses GPU shaders and functions in a hardware-independent manner...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The video is totally garbled. Does anyone have transcripts of the video?

Comment

Originally posted by sc3252 View Post
      The video is totally garbled. Does anyone have transcripts of the video?
      AHH, my ears!! That was actually painful, could you please watch these videos before you upload them? I was looking forward to this talk :-/.

Comment

Gah! Another would-be-interesting talk made useless by terrible sound... *sigh*
        Anyway, does anyone know when will the videos from linux.conf.au be out? (and FOSDEM as well, though having just finished it's obviously going to take a while)

Comment

Will try to clean up the audio, but haven't had the time to look into it yet.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I hope nouveau will get 3d acceleration soon

I also hope I will be able to watch the video soon, but I will wait untill the sound is fixed.

Comment

Working...
            X