Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 2.26 Beta Released

Phoronix: GNOME 2.26 Beta Released

GNOME 2.25.90 has been released, which is the sixth development release leading up to GNOME 2.26 and is the first beta. The release of GNOME 2.26.0 will come in March, but until then will still be a few more development releases although the API/ABI freezes are in effect...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think Gnome is at an interesting state right now. For me at least it have everything it needs. I can't think of anything that I would want more.

Comment

I can only think of one addition I'd like to see: Nautilus should recognize and use the Back/Forward mouse buttons out of the box.

The rest is just icing on the cake.

Comment

I have liked Nautilus a lot, it is simple an nice, but it had no tabs until one release or something like that.

Now I use Dolphin, it was inspired on Nautilus, but has many more interesting things, like a integrated Konsole, the ability to move the panels to any position, etc.

In general KDE is much more integrated than any other DE, also with the use of KPart.

Comment

Working...
        X