Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XRandR Gets Support For RandR 1.3 Features

Phoronix: XRandR Gets Support For RandR 1.3 Features

RandR 1.3 has come together for the X Server 1.6 release with namely new properties and panning support. Besides this update to the Resize and Rotate extension for the X.Org Server, xrandr, the command-line utility for controlling RandR-capable drivers/hardware, has been receiving improvements as well. A new development release of xrandr has been announced this morning with bug-fixes an updated manual, and support for new RandR 1.3 properties...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does anyone can answer me if fglrx support randr 1.2 screen rotation ??

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      --primary will set an RandR output to be the primary output
      So does this mean that on a laptop using intel drivers, one could actually plug in an external monitor and specify that the internal "LVDS" panel *stays* primary? Thus avoiding the screen reorder and having your panels fly to the external screen?

Fabulous!

Comment

Originally posted by Fixxer_Linux View Post
        Does anyone can answer me if fglrx support randr 1.2 screen rotation ??
        As far as I know, it doesn't. The opensource radeon and radeonHD does support it instead.

Originally posted by ChrisIrwin View Post
        So does this mean that on a laptop using intel drivers, one could actually plug in an external monitor and specify that the internal "LVDS" panel *stays* primary? Thus avoiding the screen reorder and having your panels fly to the external screen?

Fabulous!

I do hope so. Makes life a lot easier

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisIrwin View Post

Fabulous!
          I am hoping so too! The Dell Mini 9 has a max screen resolution of 1024x600, so I am also hoping that the transform option will allow me to transform it to 1024x768 and be able to mirror to a true 1024x768 output as well!

Not having either of these options (transform, primary) on the Intel drivers is infuriating every time I hook up an external monitor for presentations. Either I loose the panel on the local display, or I wind up with windows believing I have a 768 height display and forcing me to [alt] move them to get at the buttons.

Comment

Working...
          X