Thread: XRandR Gets Support For RandR 1.3 Features

Default XRandR Gets Support For RandR 1.3 Features

Phoronix: XRandR Gets Support For RandR 1.3 Features

RandR 1.3 has come together for the X Server 1.6 release with namely new properties and panning support. Besides this update to the Resize and Rotate extension for the X.Org Server, xrandr, the command-line utility for controlling RandR-capable drivers/hardware, has been receiving improvements as well. A new development release of xrandr has been announced this morning with bug-fixes an updated manual, and support for new RandR 1.3 properties...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NzAzMQ

Does anyone can answer me if fglrx support randr 1.2 screen rotation ??

Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    --primary will set an RandR output to be the primary output
    So does this mean that on a laptop using intel drivers, one could actually plug in an external monitor and specify that the internal "LVDS" panel *stays* primary? Thus avoiding the screen reorder and having your panels fly to the external screen?

Fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxer_Linux View Post
    Does anyone can answer me if fglrx support randr 1.2 screen rotation ??
    As far as I know, it doesn't. The opensource radeon and radeonHD does support it instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIrwin View Post
    So does this mean that on a laptop using intel drivers, one could actually plug in an external monitor and specify that the internal "LVDS" panel *stays* primary? Thus avoiding the screen reorder and having your panels fly to the external screen?

Fabulous!

I do hope so. Makes life a lot easier

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIrwin View Post

Fabulous!
    I am hoping so too! The Dell Mini 9 has a max screen resolution of 1024x600, so I am also hoping that the transform option will allow me to transform it to 1024x768 and be able to mirror to a true 1024x768 output as well!

Not having either of these options (transform, primary) on the Intel drivers is infuriating every time I hook up an external monitor for presentations. Either I loose the panel on the local display, or I wind up with windows believing I have a 768 height display and forcing me to [alt] move them to get at the buttons.