No announcement yet.

Ugly Watermark Issue "AMD Unsupported hardware"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same issue here with another HD2600 XT AGP. Also, there is no acceleration when playing a video.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      You can use the control file from another driver which had no watermark.
      I have the same problem with a 3870 X2 card. Now I want to use an older control file, but I have no idea how to get it from the older Ati driver and where to place it. Can somebody give me a hint?

Comment

sh ati-driver-installer-X-Y-x86.x86_64.run --extract X-Y

cp X-Y/common/etc/ati/control /etc/ati

Comment

Thx!! That did the job. That nasty watermark is now gone.

Comment

You can use the control file from another driver which had no watermark.

Sorry to be a pain, but can some one please post a download link to the latest driver with out the water mark.

Thanks!

Comment

sh ati-driver-installer-X-Y-x86.x86_64.run --extract X-Y

cp X-Y/common/etc/ati/control /etc/ati
              i did this and nothing happened, im a real linux noob. i guess the cp command extracted the control from X-Y/common/etc/ati and then moved it to /etc/ati. But am i supposed to see immediate results?? or reinstall the drivers after? im using catalyst 8.12 and i have a 5870.

Comment

Originally posted by skunkmanz View Post
                Sorry to be a pain, but can some one please post a download link to the latest driver with out the water mark.

Thanks!
                Ye a link to download the latest drivers without watermark will be really great, i could find the 8.12 on the amd website.. i tryed with the 9.8 but didnt work.

please link them!

Comment

@bridgman

Don't you think somebody should update the ATI/AMD website that beginners can find the latest release too?

@strae

Which distro?

Comment

What is confusing about the current site ? You go to www.amd.com, there's a "Download Drivers" box right on the home page, enter "Graphics", OS, "Radeon" and your GPU, click on "View Results" and go straight to the 10.2 download page.
                    Test signature

Comment

Then you must have got your personal AMD site, when I select Linux and ATI Radeon HD 5970 then I get to 10.1.

Comment

Working...
                      X