Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WINE 1.1.14 Released With IE7 Fixes

Phoronix: WINE 1.1.14 Released With IE7 Fixes

The WINE developers have today announced the release of WINE 1.1.14. This release of WINE isn't as exciting as some earlier revisions that started on Direct3D 10 support or 64-bit improvements, but it does contain several fixes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm not sure what to do with IE7 on linux but anyways I appreciate their work a lot. +10 to WINE developers!

ps: I just discover a crazy website.....the website of Parliament of Romania and it "only" works with IE

Senatul României este una din cele două camere ale Parlamentului (acesta fiind bicameral) României. La fel ca și cealaltă cameră, Camera Deputaților, Senatul este ales prin vot universal, liber, secret și direct de către cetățenii cu drept de vot ai României.

Of course there are workarounds to this, however a normal user will have to use IE unless he knows what to do like user-agent and those stuff.
    Last edited by bulletxt; 30 January 2009, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post
      I'm not sure what to do with IE7 on linux but anyways I appreciate their work a lot. +10 to WINE developers!
      IE7 support is very important for web developers, being able to test pages in the various broken IE* browsers without the need of a Windows installation is a blessing!

Originally posted by bulletxt
      ps: I just discover a crazy website.....the website of Parliament of Romania and it "only" works with IE
      http://www.senat.ro/
      Yuck, what a horrible piece of work :-/ That thing has rendering errors in IE as well (!) and the menu uses some IE-specific Javascript. Other than that, it's quite painful to think how much they must've payed for it...

Comment

Working...
      X