Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Catalyst 9.1 Brings OpenGL 3.0

Phoronix: AMD Catalyst 9.1 Brings OpenGL 3.0

AMD has just released its first official Catalyst driver update for the new year. AMD had delivered several key improvements to their proprietary Linux driver stack last year as we shared in our AMD Linux 2008 Year in Review, but what's there to get excited about in Catalyst 9.1? Well, first and foremost there is improved Composite support during video playback, Hybrid CrossFire support, and a number of fixes. Oh, and there's also OpenGL 3.0 support!

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

was waiting for this one... sounds promissing.

Can't wait to run MythTV with it.
    Last edited by tmpdir; 29 January 2009, 03:51 PM.

Comment

I'm getting "File not found"...
      Oh well...
      until wget https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206...86.x86_64.run; do sleep 10s; done

Edit: ok, just found in an other thread: https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206...x86.x86_64.run is the correct link.
      Last edited by Zhick; 29 January 2009, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Very nice!

Hope this one fixes a wow-freezing problem that was causing my friend to go back to windows.

Comment

right now im using a nvidia card, but im definitely buy one as soon as im satisfied with how the open source or closed source drivers work

Comment

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
            Very nice!

Hope this one fixes a wow-freezing problem that was causing my friend to go back to windows.
            This issue is fixed in 8.12 for me.

Comment

Guys from ATI did hard work. I'm impressed because now they have caught up with nvidia providing OpenGL 3.0 support.

btw. Has anyone tried to install it on Fedora 10?
              Last edited by NSLW; 29 January 2009, 03:43 PM.

Comment

The release is later in the month than usual, but considering what's new, I can't complain.

Comment

Can i use the Hybrid crossfire Feature with an new IGP and a Radeon HD3850 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
                    Can i use the Hybrid crossfire Feature with an new IGP and a Radeon HD3850 ?
                    No. You need a 780G Chipset (3200 HD IGP) and a 2400 or 34XX card afaik.
                    But the single 3850 is faster than the IGP/dedicated-combination anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X