No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 9.1 Brings OpenGL 3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

composite "improvements" are not official... since they crash video playback

Comment

Originally posted by Zhick View Post
      No. You need a 780G Chipset (3200 HD IGP) and a 2400 or 34XX card afaik.
      But the single 3850 is faster than the IGP/dedicated-combination anyway.
      Yes i know but but the IGP dont need so many Power compared with my HD 3850.

Comment

no r300 support

Comment

Originally posted by NiBu View Post
          no r300 support
          mh under https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206...t_91_linux.pdf the The R300 Family is listed.

or what you mean with "no r300 support" ?
          Last edited by Nille; 29 January 2009, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vighy View Post
            composite "improvements" are not official... since they crash video playback
            So are you saying that this driver doesn't work as it should with composite? I'm asking because it's the second time AMD states in their changelog they have done fixes to make video playback work. Now I hope you are wrong or I'll have to think they just like to lie.

So, can someone confirm video playback works as it should with xv and composite enabled? If Yes, +10 to AMD, if not -1000 for lieying .

Comment

How now that works with KDE 4? (RadeonHD) ?

Comment

My F5 key is worn out now.
                Can't wait to get home and try this one out!

I heard Nexuiz change resolution crash is fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post
                  So are you saying that this driver doesn't work as it should with composite? I'm asking because it's the second time AMD states in their changelog they have done fixes to make video playback work. Now I hope you are wrong or I'll have to think they just like to lie.

So, can someone confirm video playback works as it should with xv and composite enabled? If Yes, +10 to AMD, if not -1000 for lieying .
                  Yep, I can confirm, the issue with compositing still exists. When I use smplayer with XV enabled it just crashes my X (Ubuntu 8.10, Compiz or Metacity composite). Also OpenGL screen flickering is still there when using Compiz.

Comment

Date on article is wrong

Nitpick: Why is the publish date on the article January 21st, when it just showed up an the 29th?

Comment

I will feed my new dragon with this driver in a few moments It had some starting problems but now, today, learned how to fly really, really fast

Comment

Working...
                      X