Catalyst 9.1 is out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by conholster View Post
    Everyone seems to be going bananas over GL3, does it bring any noticeable change?
    I'm just a hobbyist OpenGL developer who can't wait playing with it . It has some nice abilities like new texture types and arrays of textures which are quite nice from developing point of view. Besides that, if AMD has OpenGL 3.0 support, they MUST implement all functionality that is included in OpenGL 3.0. Problem with OpenGL 2.1 was that some functionality which you would like to use is only available in extensions. The vendors (AMD, nVidia, Intel, etc.) are not forced to implement the extensions. For AMD this has often meant: they were just not implemented.

Comment

And still not usable with wine.

Comment

R300 support?

Comment

Heiko
          Any noticeable video (h.264) decoding performance improvements?

Comment

ati-driver-installer-8-12-x86.x86_64.run is very unstable (crashing compiz, video glitchy and crash under Xv). Possible is not final driver 9.1. Still waiting...

Comment

Originally posted by jkaeno View Post
              ati-driver-installer-8-12-x86.x86_64.run is very unstable (crashing compiz, video glitchy and crash under Xv). Possible is not final driver 9.1. Still waiting...
              Maybe you shouldn't download Catalyst 8.12 when you want 9.1

Comment

Originally posted by linuxjacques View Post
                R300 support?
                I've tried to install the new driver on my radeon 9500 pro... with no success. I've been waiting for it since october now.
                The version 9.2rc1 of the driver works very slow for me(i have only 1800 fps with glxgears).http://www.ati-forum.de/files/Downlo...iew_driver.zip

Comment

Originally posted by kkkk View Post
                  Sheesh, I wonder why no-one at AMD seems to test the download link for the just published AMD Catalyst 9.1... This link above seems to work fine, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormking View Post
                    Maybe you shouldn't download Catalyst 8.12 when you want 9.1
                    Sorry, my mistake... ati-driver-installer-9-1-x86.x86_64.run

Comment

Originally posted by linuxjacques View Post
                      R300 support?
                      for support what ? in the catalyst readme the r300 family ( Radeon 9500 and higher ) is listed

Comment

Working...
                      X