Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Moblin V2 Core Alpha: It Boots Fast!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man, now I'm sad my 701 isn't supported because it doesn't uses Atom nor have SSE3, that is required to run moblin

Comment

So this thing works on the NC10?

Maybe I'll be using the release version of this rather than 9.04 then..

Comment

Now the only thing they need to do is ship a device with this pre-installed, so that consumers actually get a chance to evaluate it.

Comment

Cool stuff! This is the first netbook distro I've tried on my EEE 901, and one I could really get used to. I know it's still alpha, but is the wifi driver/module not included? Maybe Intel is only focused on their own hardware at this point? And about the Moblin framework, is it something like Android where applications must be build using this framework? (I'm not a developer, so excuse my ignorance..)

Other than that, I really look forward to following the Moblin progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
            Now the only thing they need to do is ship a device with this pre-installed, so that consumers actually get a chance to evaluate it.
            Actually I think you should wait they finish it.. It's an alpha release in case you didn't notice

Comment

It is really fast, 10 s with a normal hd install on a Pentium D 820. Not that fast from my old usb stick however - 25 s. But I did not get how to install apps with yum

Comment

Thanks for merging the threads. Now only the 'comments' link from the article isn't working any more.

I think that fast booting is nice, but it is more important to have an open source BIOS for your computer. One example is coreboot, which boots really fast, but does not support so many new mainboards, yet. Intel should start supporting that, too.

Comment

Working...
                X