No direct rendering - ATI Mobility Radeon 3650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No direct rendering - ATI Mobility Radeon 3650

I've been searching for quite sometime for info on how to get my adapter (Ati Mobility Radeon 3650 - Thinkpad t500) to work optimally. I apologize if this is unsolved, or posted elsewhere-I couldn't find it.

I have modules loaded: drm, ati-agp, agpgart.

In my xorg.conf I'm using the radeonhd (1.4.2) driver, I have option AIGLX set to off, and I have option composite set to off. (EDIT) I do not have composite set to false, for when I did, running glxgears locked the xserver and I couldn't see the gears in the box, although glxgears would eventually terminate and display that I was getting about 1200 fps, the same result when I can see the gears by not setting composite to false)

glxgears shows I get about 1200 fps and I don't know if this is good or not.

However, glxinfo still shows direct rendering isn't enabled, what gives?
    Also, is there a need to specify the display adapter has 256mb in the xorg.conf?

Thanks
    Last edited by beatnik; 27 January 2009, 05:46 PM.

we don't have 3D hardware acceleration in Mesa for your HD3xxx GPU yet, so you will be running with the software rasterizer in Mesa. It is being worked on and programming info has been released to the public, however.
    Test signature

Comment

option composite

I have option composite set to off. (EDIT) I do not have composite set to false, for when I did, running glxgears locked the xserver and I couldn't see the gears in the box, although glxgears would eventually terminate and display that I was getting about 1200 fps, the same result when I can see the gears by not setting composite to false)

Comment

Working...
      X