Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE 4.2 Answers The Needs Of End-Users

Phoronix: KDE 4.2 Answers The Needs Of End-Users

A year after KDE 4.0 was released (with celebrations at the Google Plex) and six months after releasing KDE 4.1, the K Desktop Environment has now reached a new milestone. KDE 4.2 "The Answer" has been released, which the K Desktop Environment community is confident will even be able to satisfy the needs of normal non-technical end-users...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

AMD R6xx/R7xx docs
    KDE 4.2 released

That's how I want it.

Comment

I hope this version is finally up to standards.

Comment

This is going to be a good fricking year.

Comment

Even 4 new nv updates

Comment

great!!!!!! Finally kde4 is reaching a real stable state and in time be feature-rich!

Comment

That's a bold title there

Congrats to KDE devs & users!

Comment

So wait for 4.3?

Sorry I couldn't resist. I'll be trying 4.2 with the next point release of my favorite distribution. KDE 3.5 will still be an option, Gnome not so much. I'm hoping for 4.2

Comment

You can also wait for 5.0 :P

Comment

I have to say I'm not impressed by the performance. Even without compositing it's hardly usable. This is on two machines less than a year old with core2 duo processesors and 3GB of ram.

I figure there must be something wrong here, but there doesn't appear to be. GNOME runs plenty fast, even with the compositor. Why is KDE so slow?

Comment

Working...
                    X