Celetania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
    I disagree. MMOs tend to be the same grind-festival over and over again. In fact they are in majority dead boring and eat time without delivering any fun. How can grinding your ass off doing the same stuff thousand times in a row be fun? This genre needs some innovations.
    I agree, MMO's are about as fun to me as coding HTML. Although the repetition in Bejeweled does seem to eat away at hours as well .

Comment

What, since when is coding HTML not fun?

Comment

Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
        I tried Guild Wars when it came out at a friends it was OK I suppose (I mean it actually had a story!) tried the PVP but never found it that much fun. The MMO that actually got me hooked was Dark Age Of Camelot the PVP in there I loved.

Depends on a game but most are like you say, if you have better equipment you win (the extent to which this is true can vary quite a bit though).
        Main problem is if you can get this gear only through pay-shop. This fucks over all those not paying ( if your game is a pay-per-item game not a pay-to-play game ) or not spending hours grinding. I've really seen no MMO yet which did break this evil system.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
          I disagree. MMOs tend to be the same grind-festival over and over again. In fact they are in majority dead boring and eat time without delivering any fun. How can grinding your ass off doing the same stuff thousand times in a row be fun? This genre needs some innovations.
          How much revenue does WoW create annually and how many people are playing this boring piece of crap at any given time of the day ?

But i guess you're right. Linux doesn't need another boring MMO, much less a commercial one. Not to mention another game studio giving linux users another boring choice in the vast realm of games for linux. Linux doesn't need games when it has sed and awk, right ?!

Comment

s/boring grinding/fun gameplay/g ANY TIME! :P

Comment

Originally posted by Fafnir View Post
              How much revenue does WoW create annually and how many people are playing this boring piece of crap at any given time of the day ?

But i guess you're right. Linux doesn't need another boring MMO, much less a commercial one. Not to mention another game studio giving linux users another boring choice in the vast realm of games for linux. Linux doesn't need games when it has sed and awk, right ?!
              I still absolutely disagree.

You just have to look around. How many massive multiplayer online roleplaying games in a sci-fi universe do you know of, which has a native Linux port? I know only one, and that is Vendetta-Online which is in fact a good game but not really a competitor as it's more first person oriented.
              Than there is EVE-Online which is/was also a good game back a few years when I played it, but this so called Linux port is a joke off it's own, that lets Vendetta-Online be almost the only high quality MMORPG on the Linux gaming market I know of.

I'm a real sci-fi fan so I'm not going to compare other MMORPGs like Regnum-Online, Eternal Lands, or even WoW (through WINE of course) with Celetania.

I'm really glad they choose to make a native Linux client for a genre which has no real competitor on this platform.

So yes, I'm really looking forward to test this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Pfanne View Post
                buy guildwars
                I endorse this recommendation. Guildwars fans bitch all the time about balance in PvP, but for the crap-ton of skills available for the 10 different classes the GW team did a hell of a job on the balance front.

Also, higher level/leet eq doesn't factor into GW pvp at all.

Thirdly, it plays fine under wine (tops winehq's platinum app list, actually).

Comment

Originally posted by M1AU View Post
                  I still absolutely disagree.

So yes, I'm really looking forward to test this game.
                  I guess i should have added a /sarcasm tag or something.

I'm looking forward to this, too, also because an MMO with native linux support is such a rare beast.

Comment

Sorry Fafnir, I didn't got your sarcasm there.

Comment

Although I really would like to see an MMO ( no matter if sci-fi or not, and I'm a sci-fi nut myself, but not the one you would think... "real" sci-fi ) which does not suck either immediately or soon after because of boring grinding, gankers, money-levelers or lack of any kind of "do it the way I want" ( funny that especially MMOs fail at this although the rag about how they do it... pfft ).

Comment

Working...
                      X