Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 2.6.29-rc2 Kernel Released

Phoronix: Linux 2.6.29-rc2 Kernel Released

Linus Torvalds has announced the second release candidate for the forthcoming Linux 2.6.29 kernel. Linux 2.6.29-rc2 has a (late) MIPS architecture update, new hardware drivers, firmware updates, and a variety of regression fixes. The Linux 2.6.29-rc2 kernel announcement can be read at LKML.org...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I can't wait to try out btrfs, but am I the only one that think that btrfs sounds like "butterface"?

Doesn't really sound like a technology I wanted to use in an enterprise environment.

Comment

Originally posted by Louise View Post
      I can't wait to try out btrfs, but am I the only one that think that btrfs sounds like "butterface"?

Doesn't really sound like a technology I wanted to use in an enterprise environment.
      I always read it as "better-fs". I have also seen it mentioned as "b-tree-fs".

Comment

At least the rt2860/rt2870 drivers are now in mainline. It would be nice when all wlan devices would work out of the box. Btw. you can easyly use those 2 drivers with a simple backport to 2.6.28.

Comment

I think it's called butter-fs

Comment

Working...
          X