2D slowness in r500 radeon EXA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
    [cut] kde 4 did something similar and that's why it was slow. They should really be using a8 since both EXA and a lot more hardware can support a8.
    Sorry for the dumb question: did you contact the KDE team? Did you file a bug/wishlist report? What did they reply?

Comment

Or maybe it's because you have EXAvsynch on. It might be just me, although I'm keen on doing some benchmarks, but I kind of notice that switching the option on and off makes a difference in resizing windows and switching between windows.

Does anyone have any benchmarks on this already?

Comment

There's no reason to use EXAVSync if you want the fastest performance. It stalls the engine waiting to the vline to avoid tearing for EXA rendering. It has nothing to do with Xv, that is handled separately.

Comment

Yeah, but I want tear-free and fast performance . Otherwise I need to restart X each time when I switch between them.

Comment

I don't have EXAVsync enabled; the only option is "Accelmethod" "EXA".

Am I seeing tear-free display & XV because of not using compositing?

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
              I don't have EXAVsync enabled; the only option is "Accelmethod" "EXA".

Am I seeing tear-free display & XV because of not using compositing?
              The Xv vline stuff is handled separately from EXA. Same process though.

Comment

Working...
              X