Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PowerXpress support for Linux

Hi,

What is the current support for PowerXpress in Linux?
    AFAICS, PowerXpress allows to switch off the discrete ATI graphics cards and revert back to the integrated card when on battery in laptops.

Nvidia has a similar thing nowadays, at least in the new Sony Vaio Z-series. It works on Windows Vista but not in Linux.

What is the state of this feature in Linux and what is its roadmap?

Hi, I would also like to know that. Thanks!

Comment

Not implemented in Linux AFAIK.

The feature implementation is heavily OS-specific (more so than most features) so it needs to be implemented from scratch for each new OS.
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        Not implemented in Linux AFAIK.

The feature implementation is heavily OS-specific (more so than most features) so it needs to be implemented from scratch for each new OS.
        Thanks bridgman, I have just wrote to AMD/ATI for this question. And I also asked them if they are considering to open the information for this specific function to the GNU/Linux community so that it's possible to implement it. I will post here their reply.

Comment

Who did you write to ? Normally that would go to (remove spaces) gpu driver dev support at amd dot com but I didn't see anything there.
          Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
            Who did you write to ? Normally that would go to (remove spaces) gpu driver dev support at amd dot com but I didn't see anything there.
            Hi, I wrote to http://emailcustomercare.amd.com/ and I recently filled a survey (http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D23CFE9B36) for the Linux Driver Feedback. I will also send the request to this email address you told me (gpu driver dev support at amd dot com). Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X