No announcement yet.

Btrfs 0.17 File-System Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over on Hardocp they had an interview with an intel SSD dev and his response to one of the questions was about the btrfs SSD optimizations
    Someone asked about the SSD optimization mode in btrfs, so I should take a moment here to discuss it. It would seem that their SSD optimizations are more like HDD optimizations and are actually somewhat backwards for SSDs. I would like to have that discussion (elsewhere) with the developers, but I'm not really a file system expert so I might not be the right person for that job. Hopefully someone will straighten them out. I appreciate their efforts so far.
    Anyone more in the "know" care to comment?

Comment

The up and coming btrfs file system for Linux is actually a blatant repackaging of the now defunct Reiser4 file system. I believe this is an effort to hide the true source of the code and shield it from an inevitable political disaster.

The steps and code below will break apart and compare the source code of btrfs and reiser4. It clearly shows that they are 81.56% identical. I consider this undeniable proof of a cover up.

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Comment

Working...
      X