Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 180.22 hardy-server kernel

Hi,

I'm having a few promlems getting the 180.22 driver to work with Ubuntu 8.04, kernel 2.6.24-23-server
    I can only seem to get the 180.16 working. In the end went back to Ubuntu 8.04, kernel 2.6.24-23-Generic and the driver installs fine, I would like to get the server kernel working so i can use all my ram without going 64 bit.
    I removed all traces of Nvidia before installing, and have installed all other versions fine, just can't seem to get this working.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks

Originally posted by seanbarman View Post
    Hi,

I'm having a few promlems getting the 180.22 driver to work with Ubuntu 8.04, kernel 2.6.24-23-server
    I can only seem to get the 180.16 working. In the end went back to Ubuntu 8.04, kernel 2.6.24-23-Generic and the driver installs fine, I would like to get the server kernel working so i can use all my ram without going 64 bit.
    I removed all traces of Nvidia before installing, and have installed all other versions fine, just can't seem to get this working.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks
    I have this working now on 2.6.24-22-server. But no matter what i try not working on 2.6.24-23-server

Comment

Please try typing

dmesg | grep -i nvidia

And see if there are any error messages.

Also although you will be able to access all the ram using the server kernel it is really not optimised for a desktop (its runnig at 100Hz instead of the preffered 1000Hz - also no pre-emption)

The best way of utilizing all you ram is to compile a kernel with desktop settings and PAE

Regards

Comment

Working...
      X