No announcement yet.

looks like Catalyst 9.2beta leaked.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are you sure you installed it correctly?

Comment

doesn't build for me on Mandriva 2009.0 x86..oh well the 9.1 beta's are working fine anyways
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
      Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Some progress for R300-Owners who were affected by the Cannot-allocate-Memory-Bug (mostly Mobility Radeon 9600 & 9700):

Kernel module finally loads, again. But after that, the screen stays black. No errors in the Xorg.0.log.

Comment

where did you download it - and where does it fail?

Comment

Originally posted by energyman View Post
            where did you download it - and where does it fail?
            I used the third (the direct) link in the opening post. It installs without problems and the kernel module loads. But when starting X via GDM (or startx), the screen simply remains black. There are no errors in the Xserver's logfile.

It seems to me that X started up as it should and the driver itself just doesn't display anything. Is that possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Stormking View Post
              It seems to me that X started up as it should and the driver itself just doesn't display anything. Is that possible?
              Does the machine actually respond? Can you switch VTs? If not, then the machine is hanging before anything can be written to the log.

Comment

hm, strange. I have this problem for a couple of weeks:
                at first try to log in, it fails, and I am back at the prompt
                second try succeeds, but no glx and no dri
                third try, everything is perfect.

I seem to remembewr that the first problem was some kind of kdm screwup. But I forgot where to look at.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                  Does the machine actually respond? Can you switch VTs?
                  I can't remember when switching VTs was possible for the last time. I think two or three years ago. But I will try to login from another machine via ssh to see if the hole system hangs or just X.

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                  If not, then the machine is hanging before anything can be written to the log.
                  Maybe. But the log looks like X started up. It doesn't just stop somewhere in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by energyman View Post
                    hm, strange. I have this problem for a couple of weeks:
                    at first try to log in, it fails, and I am back at the prompt
                    second try succeeds, but no glx and no dri
                    third try, everything is perfect.

I seem to remembewr that the first problem was some kind of kdm screwup. But I forgot where to look at.
                    I will experiment a bit, tommorrow. Yesterday i had to switch back to the open source driver because I had some work to do.

Comment

btw,

is not even extractable for me ....

Comment

Working...
                      X