looks like Catalyst 9.2beta leaked.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by biasquez View Post
    you can't install this driver on jaunty: there is support for jaunty in --listpkg and directory x740 but fglrx module is compiled for xorg 7.1 and not 7.4...
    fglrx in not compiled for x versions but kernels.

Comment

• Originally posted by energyman View Post
      fglrx in not compiled for x versions but kernels.
      (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//fglrx_drv.so
      (II) Module fglrx: vendor="FireGL - ATI Technologies Inc."
      compiled for 1.4.99.906, module version = 8.58.2
      Module class: X.Org Video Driver
      [atiddxSetup] X version mismatch - detected X.org 7.1.-1.901, required X.org 7.4.-1.906
      (II) UnloadModule: "fglrx"
      (II) Unloading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//fglrx_drv.so
      (EE) Failed to load module "fglrx" (module requirement mismatch, 0)

Comment

• Incorrect. With every new ABI the ati installer gets about 20 mb bigger because they compile against another X. Nvidia somehow manages to use one binary for all, but ATI does not. You see the xYYY dirs when you use the --extract option to the installer. Btw. 7zip compression would REALLY help...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kano View Post
          Incorrect. With every new ABI the ati installer gets about 20 mb bigger because they compile against another X. Nvidia somehow manages to use one binary for all, but ATI does not. You see the xYYY dirs when you use the --extract option to the installer. Btw. 7zip compression would REALLY help...

yes, i can see xYYY dirs, how can i solve this problem?

Comment

• Originally posted by biasquez View Post
            (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//fglrx_drv.so
            (II) Module fglrx: vendor="FireGL - ATI Technologies Inc."
            compiled for 1.4.99.906, module version = 8.58.2
            Module class: X.Org Video Driver
            [atiddxSetup] X version mismatch - detected X.org 7.1.-1.901, required X.org 7.4.-1.906
            (II) UnloadModule: "fglrx"
            (II) Unloading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//fglrx_drv.so
            (EE) Failed to load module "fglrx" (module requirement mismatch, 0)
            oh, you meant fglrx_drv. Lets see when the instrallation is done right. 7.1 support is in a different dir, when you extract the run file you can see it. x710/x710_64a is the stuff you are looking for.

Comment

• installation is done right with --buildpkg Ubuntu/Jaunty and catalyst installer too...seem that fglrx driver detect xorg 7.1 but compile driver for xorg 7.4...i have xorg 7.4

Comment

• it doesn't compile anything. It just copies some files. And you can copy them yourself. Just run the installer with --extract and look into it.

Or even better, stay away from it, until official release and official packages.

Comment

• Well your definition of compiling is maybe a bit different. The files ARE already compiled against a specific X release, but of course not compiled on the fly like for the kernel version.

Comment

• so, i must install driver and then copy fglrx_drv.so from x740 directory?

one thing that i don't understand: fglrx_drv.so compiled for 1.4.99.906 but atiddxSetup detected X.org 7.1.-1.901 and required X.org 7.4.-1.906...seem one problem of ati driver that doesn't recognize xorg 7.4 version

Comment

• Xorg 7.4 means Xserver 1.5. Xorg 7.5 would be Xserver 1.6+

Comment

Working...
                      X