looks like Catalyst 9.2beta leaked.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by energyman View Post
    I had no problem unpacking it using unzip.

Comment

unzip is fine. but sh .... .run --extract fails.

Comment

unzip is fine. but sh .... .run --extract fails.
        Not for me. I can send you a tarball, if you'd like.

Comment

you don't have to. I downloaded it from the chinese site and it worked fine.

Comment

Maybe your unzip tool is broken or your ram

Comment

hm, strange problem:
              aticonfig --odgt
              ERROR - Could not find library: libatiadlxx.so

but:
              ls -lh /usr/lib64/libatiadlxx.so
              -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 147K 9. Jan 15:37 /usr/lib64/libatiadlxx.so
              Same here. I've switched from 9.1 to 9.2 and get this. I remember that switching from 8.12 to 9.1 gave me the same thing. In the meantime I've moved to ubuntu amd64, so on fresh install I've installed 9.1 and everything was fine. I think that the installer don't override the old file, but when I've copied the file from extracted 9.2 to /usr/lib64 I still recive the same error (although those files were different ;/).

Comment

Why don't you use the unistall feature first? Usually at:

/usr/share/ati/fglrx-uninstall.sh

Comment

DPMS still not work for me

I have an ASUS EAH3450 running on a Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2H and the DPMS functionality has never worked. With this release it still doesn't. With options in xorg.conf I can get the display to go to sleep, but the only way to wake it up is ctrl-alt-bkspce or with a normal config it just never goes to sleep. The same card on an NVidia chipset motherboard (my spare machine) works as expected. The onboard G33 or an NVidia 8400 has no problem on the same motherboard. Go figure.

I think that I may have some conflict between the HD3450 and the G33 chipsets that is unresolvable.

I did report the fault to AMD. Maybe I am the only sufferer?

Question - does anyone with a G33 motherboard have a successful setup?

Comment

I usually use ebuilds. Thank you
                    btw, my ram is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by grege View Post
                      I have an ASUS EAH3450 running on a Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2H and the DPMS functionality has never worked. With this release it still doesn't. With options in xorg.conf I can get the display to go to sleep, but the only way to wake it up is ctrl-alt-bkspce or with a normal config it just never goes to sleep. The same card on an NVidia chipset motherboard (my spare machine) works as expected. The onboard G33 or an NVidia 8400 has no problem on the same motherboard. Go figure.

I think that I may have some conflict between the HD3450 and the G33 chipsets that is unresolvable.

I did report the fault to AMD. Maybe I am the only sufferer?

Question - does anyone with a G33 motherboard have a successful setup?
                      no, I see the same. With my 8600GT dpms worked, with my HD3870 it does not

Comment

Working...
                      X