No announcement yet.

NVIDIA 180.22 x86/x86_64 Linux Driver Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After upgrading to 180.22 from Arch Extra repo, ET:QW has gotten all blotchy.

I open the game and its just messed up. Anyone experience this yet or is it just me?

Comment

Originally posted by b0uncyfr0 View Post
      After upgrading to 180.22 from Arch Extra repo, ET:QW has gotten all blotchy.

I open the game and its just messed up. Anyone experience this yet or is it just me?
      No, I have a similar problem. I get a low frame rate in Urban Terror.

Comment

180.22 gives me headaches too. I got an Asus M3N78-VM with GeForce 8200 IGP. Compiz renders the computer unusable slow and even without compositing it is rather slow when I switch workspaces: firefox runs on one, nothing on the other. When I switch, it takes one whole second till the wallpaper is finally displayed fully.

Any Ideas?

Comment

I think the 180.22 drivers have the GlyphCache set to 1 (some things run slower on my 8600 with the cache enabled). You could try with GlyphCache set to 0 (the default option for the 177.x series).

GlyphCache enabled:
          Code:
          nvidia-settings -a GlyphCache=1

GlyphCache disabled:
          Code:
          nvidia-settings -a GlyphCache=0
          Edit: You could try to change the IPP and PixmapCache options, too.
          Last edited by urfe; 19 January 2009, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Any word on Ubuntu Intrepid packages of this? I'd like to avoid totally breaking this system if the Nvidia install method doesn't go smoothly.

Comment

This script even enables dkms for nvidia.

Comment

There are 180. packages for ubuntu in intrepid-backports, I think, however a lot of people reported bad breakage with 180.22 drivers.

Comment

Upgraded from 177.82 to 180.22 and mythtv started stealing all my CPU using either libmpeg2 or XvMC output. Went back down to 177.82 and myth hovers around 30%.

Fedora 10 64bit (2.6.27.9-159.fc10.x86_64)
                  GeForce 7600GS
                  Intel Q6600 on ASRock Conroe865PE (4Gb RAM)

Comment

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
                    There are 180. packages for ubuntu in intrepid-backports, I think, however a lot of people reported bad breakage with 180.22 drivers.
                    Can you expand on this?

Comment

See some posts at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6646269

Comment

Working...
                      X