X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    that was fixed ages ago with the 100.14.19 driver release
    Thanks deanjo. I'm using Ubuntu Intrepid and the nvidia-glx package is at 96.43.05. :P I wonder why 100.x isn't in intrepid.

I just checked and apparently I should be using nvidia-glx-173 with my Quadro FX 1100. I had swapped it out for an old ATI card because the black windows made it unusable.

Comment

Originally posted by BagOfMostlyWater View Post
      Thanks deanjo. I'm using Ubuntu Intrepid and the nvidia-glx package is at 96.43.05. :P I wonder why 100.x isn't in intrepid.

I just checked and apparently I should be using nvidia-glx-173 with my Quadro FX 1100. I had swapped it out for an old ATI card because the black windows made it unusable.
      I would recommend using the 173.14.15's for your Quadro.

Comment

Hi all.

After upgrading from 177.82 to 180.22 my suspend stop working correctly and my compiz-fusion started to crash the hole system (Debian Lenny nvidia 9300gs. Downgraded to 177.82 and all works again.

Comment

Originally posted by debianite View Post
          Hi all.

After upgrading from 177.82 to 180.22 my suspend stop working correctly and my compiz-fusion started to crash the hole system (Debian Lenny nvidia 9300gs. Downgraded to 177.82 and all works again.
          Well, on my MSI MegaBook GX600P-208NL with GeForce 8600M GT onboard I wasn't very successful with s2ram using 177.82 drivers. Hope freshly released version will bring major improvement in this matter.

Comment

woot, finally!

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
            Should be soon, Stefan is working on it. Maybe by later today since no major changes are needed to the existing spec files.

https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=464695
            this is great news! can't wait! (btw, link yields gateway timeout)

Comment

Originally posted by matti3 View Post
              woot, finally!

this is great news! can't wait! (btw, link yields gateway timeout)
              Stefan has completed the build files and submitted the rpm's to nvidia for inclusion on their ftp repo. Should be there Monday it looks like.

Comment

Suspend

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
                Suspend worked from 173 to 177 to 180 here :|
                I just checked this on my desktop. With an 8800GT suspend works on the desktop (with the 180.22).
                But my Dell 1520 with an 8600M GT can't suspend. Well, it does suspend, just never comes back out... kinda stinks since I never suspend my desktop, just my laptop.

Comment

i have problem with new drivers - when i try to overclock my 9600gso card system freeze or performance is very low (10fps in glxgears). it's happens on every driver from 180.xx series. any idea what's wrong? on previous drivers (177.xx) overclocking working without problems.

Comment

Anyone have an idea of when this will be packaged for Ubuntu? Or if a backport is in the works for Intrepid?

Comment

On my 4,1 Macbook Pro I am experiencing ugly refresh-errors with the 180-Drivers (beta-versions too), when using Compiz. I have to manually click on the Window Manager (gtk-window-decorator) in order for any changes in the applications state to be displayed. This sucks.

With 177.82 those errors only occur on occasion. I installed Arch Linux without Boot Camp and just rely on rEFIt. Maybe that's what's causing the problems?

Comment

Working...
                      X