Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 180.22 x86/x86_64 Linux Driver Released

Phoronix: NVIDIA 180.22 x86/x86_64 Linux Driver Released

Up to this point NVIDIA had released several betas in the 180.xx driver series that introduced VDPAU acceleration support, OpenGL 3.0, CUDA 2.1, and other Linux work. This afternoon all of these new features are finally supported by NVIDIA with the release of the first stable Linux driver in this latest series. The NVIDIA 180.22 Linux driver also officially adds in support for new GeForce and Quadro GPUs, workstation performance optimizations, glyph cache by default, improved X pixmap placement, and various bug-fixes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

woot! I'm glad to see that all these awesome features are now in a stable branch. However...I'm gonna keep using what i'm currently using (173.14.05) because...It has everything i need, it supports my card and everything i use it for works flawlessly.

Comment

I, on the other hand, can't wait till this new driver will hit Arch's repos Hope it will be a good release with few not very annoying bugs.

Comment

Well, for me, this driver still borks the suspend feature on my laptop. All of the 180.* did that for me.

Anybody got the suspend working?

Comment

I was scared for a little while. A few of the beta releases left out the GeForce 6 series in their supported line-up, but looks like they're a go for the final release. I know my 6200 doesn't support VDPAU, but the 170-series drivers had some issues with KDE4. As soon as this new one hits the OpenSUSE repos I'll have to give it a spin.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffro-tull View Post
            I was scared for a little while. A few of the beta releases left out the GeForce 6 series in their supported line-up, but looks like they're a go for the final release. I know my 6200 doesn't support VDPAU, but the 170-series drivers had some issues with KDE4. As soon as this new one hits the OpenSUSE repos I'll have to give it a spin.
            Thanks for the heads-up... i'll take a look to.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffro-tull View Post
              Should be soon, Stefan is working on it. Maybe by later today since no major changes are needed to the existing spec files.

Comment

Black window problem?

Has the black window problem been fixed yet?

Comment

Suspend worked from 173 to 177 to 180 here :|

Comment

Originally posted by BagOfMostlyWater View Post
                    Has the black window problem been fixed yet?

that was fixed ages ago with the 100.14.19 driver release

Comment

Working...
                    X