Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America's Army 3.0 "May Return" To Linux

Phoronix: America's Army 3.0 "May Return" To Linux

Back in September we talked about the possibility of America's Army returning to Linux with the 3.0 release. One of the America's Army developers mentioned that it's a possibility and there may be a way to get the client restored and updated on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

God, I want a steam client with Left4Dead native, that would be enough for me As for UT3 client, I don't know if I will even try it. I'm too tired of waiting for that :/ but AAO 3.0 could be fun.

Comment

Steam > Rest.

Comment

Can you explain that? Since I think you made a mistake with the sign there... it should be "Steam < Rest".

Comment

If really all this games make it to linux in 2009, I strongly believe that Linux will grow in market shares, as many windows players could decide to switch to linux.

There is also Serious Sam 2 that is pending since many months now. Unless there's a news that I'm not aware of about Serious Sam 2 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Fixxer_Linux View Post
            If really all this games make it to linux in 2009, I strongly believe that Linux will grow in market shares, as many windows players could decide to switch to linux.
            For 1-3 games a year, I doubt it. Linux has a lot to do on usability and ease of use to get to fly, not to mention where you may have many apps to choose from to do a task in windows, in linux you all to often have 1 viable solution. if that. For example a alternative to photoshop. In other OS's you have a wide variety of options if you want to do the same tasks as what photoshop does, In linux you basically have one. When you start weeding out the incomplete. crude and abandoned apps you are all to often left with one or two choices of applications to accomplish a task in linux.

Comment

Besides many dislike AA because it's "America" in it or "Army". Mind you that there are gamers out there with style that don't like playing YAFG ( Yet Another FPS Game ).

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                For 1-3 games a year, I doubt it. Linux has a lot to do on usability and ease of use to get to fly, not to mention where you may have many apps to choose from to do a task in windows, in linux you all to often have 1 viable solution. if that. For example a alternative to photoshop. In other OS's you have a wide variety of options if you want to do the same tasks as what photoshop does, In linux you basically have one. When you start weeding out the incomplete. crude and abandoned apps you are all to often left with one or two choices of applications to accomplish a task in linux.
                Not that it takes away from your point, but depending on what you do with Photoshop, there's several alternatives: GIMP, Krita, and Digikam.

Comment

whats the deal with AA , its like ut2k4 but without the lightning and flak , sorta sucks

Comment

Originally posted by dashcloud View Post
                    Not that it takes away from your point, but depending on what you do with Photoshop, there's several alternatives: GIMP, Krita, and Digikam.
                    Krita and Digicam are more akin to being in the MS Paint class.

Comment

Working...
                    X