Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: America's Army 3.0 "May Return" To Linux

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14,548

    Default America's Army 3.0 "May Return" To Linux

    Phoronix: America's Army 3.0 "May Return" To Linux

    Back in September we talked about the possibility of America's Army returning to Linux with the 3.0 release. One of the America's Army developers mentioned that it's a possibility and there may be a way to get the client restored and updated on Linux...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=Njk3Mg

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    197

    Default

    God, I want a steam client with Left4Dead native, that would be enough for me As for UT3 client, I don't know if I will even try it. I'm too tired of waiting for that :/ but AAO 3.0 could be fun.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,122

    Default

    Steam > Rest.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    833

    Default

    Can you explain that? Since I think you made a mistake with the sign there... it should be "Steam < Rest".

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    217

    Default

    If really all this games make it to linux in 2009, I strongly believe that Linux will grow in market shares, as many windows players could decide to switch to linux.

    There is also Serious Sam 2 that is pending since many months now. Unless there's a news that I'm not aware of about Serious Sam 2 ?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fixxer_Linux View Post
    If really all this games make it to linux in 2009, I strongly believe that Linux will grow in market shares, as many windows players could decide to switch to linux.
    For 1-3 games a year, I doubt it. Linux has a lot to do on usability and ease of use to get to fly, not to mention where you may have many apps to choose from to do a task in windows, in linux you all to often have 1 viable solution. if that. For example a alternative to photoshop. In other OS's you have a wide variety of options if you want to do the same tasks as what photoshop does, In linux you basically have one. When you start weeding out the incomplete. crude and abandoned apps you are all to often left with one or two choices of applications to accomplish a task in linux.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    833

    Default

    Besides many dislike AA because it's "America" in it or "Army". Mind you that there are gamers out there with style that don't like playing YAFG ( Yet Another FPS Game ).

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    For 1-3 games a year, I doubt it. Linux has a lot to do on usability and ease of use to get to fly, not to mention where you may have many apps to choose from to do a task in windows, in linux you all to often have 1 viable solution. if that. For example a alternative to photoshop. In other OS's you have a wide variety of options if you want to do the same tasks as what photoshop does, In linux you basically have one. When you start weeding out the incomplete. crude and abandoned apps you are all to often left with one or two choices of applications to accomplish a task in linux.
    Not that it takes away from your point, but depending on what you do with Photoshop, there's several alternatives: GIMP, Krita, and Digikam.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    357

    Default

    whats the deal with AA , its like ut2k4 but without the lightning and flak , sorta sucks

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dashcloud View Post
    Not that it takes away from your point, but depending on what you do with Photoshop, there's several alternatives: GIMP, Krita, and Digikam.
    Krita and Digicam are more akin to being in the MS Paint class.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •