Fedora 11: Blarney? Duchess? Zampone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 11: Blarney? Duchess? Zampone?

Phoronix: Fedora 11: Blarney? Duchess? Zampone?

In early December we shared that it was time for the Fedora community to come up with the Fedora 11 codename. Following that many different names were proposed for Fedora 11, but then after each name was evaluated and went through Red Hat's legal department, the list became much shorter...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

IMO Euryalus and Bras?lia are the only ones I would choose.

Comment

Good names. Didn't bring as much fun as Ubuntu's naming contests though.

Comment

This is a Zampone:

Being an Italian, I really wish they vote for some other name.

Comment

Rats...Does this mean the only one with Legal green light are supposed to get a vote?

I have two names in the list but they don't have the legal green light but there don't have the rejection either. Look for "Urban" and "Marshall" (which is my old College and the real school for the movie, We Are Marshall")

EDIT: Nevermind...the official voting page is: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/voting/about/relnamef11

(They don't have my names in there... I guess this means at the next lunch with their legal staff, I'm gonna have to strangle a few of 'em.)
          Last edited by The_Monkey_King; 05 January 2009, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Perhaps they meant Zamboni ?

Test signature

Comment

Definitely Leonidas.

Comment

Okay...I guess if I have to choose, it will be Zampone, as Linux (and RedHat) is pretty much a sauasagefest right now.

Comment

Being an Italian born in Modena, I vote for "Zampone"
                  Muahahahha ROTFL

BTW, they must hurry up in choosing the name , otherwise they will be surpassed by Canonical, dubbing Ubuntu 15.04 LTS Zealot Zampone (no closed-source firmware inside)
                  Last edited by TeoLinuX; 05 January 2009, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Obviously Leonidas. The perfect name for a really, really bleeding-edge distro.

Comment

Working...
                    X