[Bug?] /usr/lib/libAMDXvBA.so is missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Bug?] /usr/lib/libAMDXvBA.so is missing

Maybe this is only a Gentoo bug, not sure, but the fglrx installer (8.12) doesn't seem to create a /usr/lib[32/64]/libAMDXvBA.so symlink. There are only libAMDXvBA.so.1 and libAMDXvBA.so.1.0, but no libAMDXvBA.so. It's imposible to link against libAMDXvBA without an .so in place.

Did I fire the sparkle of hope in you? I don't have a header, sorry. I'm just trying to do what this article says:

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That is, configure mplayer with "--enable-xvmc" and "--with-xvmclib=AMDXvBA".

Comment

Did you create the symlink?

Comment

Yes. I'm just reporting this here so someone can fix this upstream. It still doesn't work though due to undefined symbols (see http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14706).

Comment

Maybe test it on a 32 bit install.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
            Did I fire the sparkle of hope in you? I don't have a header, sorry. I'm just trying to do what this article says:

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That is, configure mplayer with "--enable-xvmc" and "--with-xvmclib=AMDXvBA".
            Xvmc works out of the box here with catalyst 8.12 and mplayer from the intrepid repository, no need to compile anything.

FYI, mplayer from intrepid is configured with: --enable-xvmc --with-xvmclib=XvMCW

Comment

Well, I'm happy for you Still doesn't compile here.

(This is the wrong thread, btw.)

Comment

It would probably compile if you just configure it with --with-xvmclib=XvMCW. But if you insist on linking mplayer against libAMDXvBA.so just to get basic xvmc support see it your self...

Comment

Working...
                X