Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedora 10 ATI Problem (Inserting Module)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 10 ATI Problem (Inserting Module)

Hi,
    I'd like to upgrade my laptop from F8 to F10 but only thing that is stopping me is fglrx driver. I installed F10 x86_64 on external USB drive, downloaded 8.12 driver and I can't load fglrx module into memory.

Code:
    FATAL: Error inserting fglrx (/lib/module/2.6.27.9-159.fc10.x86_64/kernel/drivers/char/drm/fglrx.ko): Operation not permitted
    Can anyone tell me how to make it running and should I wait for another releases of ati drivers hoping that one of them will finally work with F10?

Regards,

Fedora is not on our list of supported distros, and as far as I know fglrx does not work on F10 at this time. At least one forum member did get it sort-of working but not completely. We do look at Fedora releases to get an early view of what is coming down the pipe for RHEL (which *is* a supported distro) so simple problems may get fixed in a future driver, but our focus for Fedora is really with the open source drivers more than fglrx.
    Test signature

Comment

I committed to the Fedora packaging scripts last week what should be support for Fedora 10. As long as fglrx-packaging.git gets pulled again before Catalyst 9.1, it should be incorporated.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by peper View Post
        Can anyone tell me how to make it running
        Have you tried with drivers from rpmfusion->updates-testing repository? Particulary the xorg-x11-drv-fglrx-8.561-3.8.12.fc10.i386

You can read more about it at forums.fedoraforum.org. There are peoples who claim that the driver is realy working.

Comment

Cool, thanks !!
          Test signature

Comment

That's not good because 'radeon' driver from distribution is not working properly with Integrated Radeon Mobility 1250 in my laptop. It work's quite fine unless you try to run anything that require acceleration.

Comment

That's not good because 'radeon' driver from distribution is not working properly with Integrated Radeon Mobility 1250 in my laptop. It work's quite fine unless you try to run anything that require acceleration.
              With this Problem maybe a dev can help you. Do you ever tryed to ask on the mailing list or bugtracker ?

Comment

I'm not sure if KMS is enabled for rs690 (X12xx) in F10; you might need to force "nomodeset" at boot...
                Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by NSLW View Post
                  Have you tried with drivers from rpmfusion->updates-testing repository? Particulary the xorg-x11-drv-fglrx-8.561-3.8.12.fc10.i386

You can read more about it at forums.fedoraforum.org. There are peoples who claim that the driver is realy working.

Just did, but couldn't install them, problems with dependencies I couldn't solve

Comment

Just did, but couldn't install them, problems with dependencies I couldn't solve
                    My fault. I linked to 32 bit repository and you've got 64 bit Fedora therefore you should look into rpmfusion->updates-testing x86_64

Note that you'll have to:

-have got kernel-2.6.27.9-159

-install at the same time

xorg-x11-drv-fglrx-8.561-3.8.12.fc10.x86_64
                    xorg-x11-drv-fglrx-libs-8.561-3.8.12.fc10.i386
                    kmod-fglrx-8.561-2.8.12.fc10.2.x86_64
                    kmod-fglrx-2.6.27.9-159.fc10.x86_64-8.561-2.8.12.fc10.2.x86_64
                    from this repository

-in case that you've got 64 bit Fedora you'll have to symlink fglrx_dri.so
                    according to leigh123@linux HOW TO on forums.fedoraforum.org it should look like this

rm -f /usr/lib/dri/fglrx_dri.so
                    ln -s /usr/lib64/dri/fglrx_dri.so /usr/lib/dri/fglrx_dri.so
                    ldconfig

- remake initrd
                    once more time from leigh123@linux HOW TO

mv /boot/initrd-`uname -r`.img /boot/initrd-`uname -r`.img.backup
                    mkinitrd -v /boot/initrd-`uname -r`.img `uname -r`

Comment

Working...
                    X