Switching VT using the radeon driver.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys,

I know you've all been busy, so it certainly is no rush, but I just wanted to bump this to see if there has been any progress figuring out what has caused this issue? I've updated to the newest git checkout as of today (1-6-09) and I am still experiencing this issue.

Any ideas?

Comment

same with fglrx

Seems to be an issue with the fglrx driver too.

My system:
      AMD Phenom X4 9950
      Kingston RAM 8GB
      ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe
      HD4870 1GB (Sapphire)
      HD3870 512MB (Sapphire)
      oSUSE 11.1 64bit
      2.6.27.7-9-default #1 SMP
      fglrx 8.56.4

Switching from VT7 (desktop) to VT[1-6] leads to a blank screen. Switching back to VT7 works fine, starting another session on VT8 works fine too.

I found this bug reports on ati.cchtml.com:

http://ati.cchtml.com/show_bug.cgi?id=239

http://ati.cchtml.com/show_bug.cgi?id=628

Hope, there will be a solution in future.

Comment

For the record, I'm having the same issue here with a RV770 and the VGA console. Both radeon and radeonhd are unable to restore the text console upon VT switch.
        VT switch on my NB with a R600 and vesafb works fine though, I'll check if enabled vesafb makes any difference on the other machine.

Comment

Originally posted by tettamanti View Post
          For the record, I'm having the same issue here with a RV770 and the VGA console. Both radeon and radeonhd are unable to restore the text console upon VT switch.
          Not sure if the devs read here, so I suggest you to file a bug report.

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
            Not sure if the devs read here, so I suggest you to file a bug report.
            Oh, there are few familiar names around Anyway it was "just for the record": I just installed the card and I'll try to debug it further.

Comment

I suppose you did try my suggestion and it didn't help?

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                I suppose you did try my suggestion and it didn't help?
                No, I really just got the hardware (installed yesterday evening, now I'm at work).

Comment

The question was for duby229. fglrx doesn't have the "VGAAccess" option.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                    The question was for duby229. fglrx doesn't have the "VGAAccess" option.
                    Oh yes, I did try it. But it actually turned off the whole display. I couldnt do anything with it after X loaded. I had to start the computer without X running, then go into xorg.conf and remove that line, then I could start X again.

However I've gone through several git checkouts since then, so I'll try it again when I get home this evening.

Comment

Working...
                    X