New Processor...help please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Processor...help please...

I'm looking to get a new processor for my Asus G50v laptop for under $100. The currently existing T5750 at 2.00GHz just isn't cutting it. It's alright, but it's not great. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Last edited by brian_m; 01 January 2009, 08:26 PM.

Sorry to say, but you are not going to find anything more powerful for $100. Mobile cpus just cost to much.

Here are some prices you are likely to expect at other shops.

As you can see the only thing for $100 is a cpu that isn't even as good as what you have.

Comment

Originally posted by sc3252 View Post
      Sorry to say, but you are not going to find anything more powerful for $100. Mobile cpus just cost to much.

Here are some prices you are likely to expect at other shops.

As you can see the only thing for $100 is a cpu that isn't even as good as what you have.
      Yeah...that's what Ive been finding. I was hoping that some one might know where to get one cheaper...but I'll probably just have to fork over more $$$. Thanks for the link tho.

Comment

And what are you doing on a laptop that requires more power than what a 2 GHz C2D offers? If you're gaming, you'll probably want an improved GPU. If the notebook just "feels" slow, then it's more likely the 5400 RPM laptop disks that are bottle-necking you. IMHO, your money is better spent on a solid-state disk than a CPU (unless you're doing something CPU-intensive).

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
          And what are you doing on a laptop that requires more power than what a 2 GHz C2D offers? If you're gaming, you'll probably want an improved GPU. If the notebook just "feels" slow, then it's more likely the 5400 RPM laptop disks that are bottle-necking you. IMHO, your money is better spent on a solid-state disk than a CPU (unless you're doing something CPU-intensive).
          I got it cheap at best buy. My GPU is fine...i have the nvidia geforce 9700gt. It works jsut fine. And it has a 7200rpm disk. It doesn't feel slow...it just lags a little bit in really intense parts of games. COD World at War in particular.

Comment

Working...
          X