No announcement yet.

HDMI no picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're still trying to understand what "the problem" is. In pavlov_v's case, the aticonfig initial command was not run to set up the driver during installation so I wouldn't expect it to work properly.

Maybe you have a different problem ? Can you pastebin your log and provide some info about your install, eg whether you built a package or used the basic installer, whether you ran the "aticonfig initial" command from the install instructions etc...
    Test signature

Comment

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

I installed the new fglrx 9.01 driver using --buildpkg Ubuntu/8.10. Since after rebooting there was no picture after X started, I've created a new xorg.conf unsing "aticonfig initial". Still no picture. When I install radeonhd or ati/radeon-driver I have 1920x1080 on X (but i need fome fglrx-features). So, do you have any ideas?

Comment

Well did you fix the /etc/ati folder?

Comment

Can you pastebin your config file as well please ? The log contained messages about obsolete config options, not sure if they are causing problems (I wouldn't expect them to).

Did the log come from starting after you ran aticonfig --initial or before ? Any error messages from running aticonfig --initial ?
          Test signature

Comment

@kano, how to fix /etc/ati? Simply delete the folder?

@bridgman: After I created a new xorg.conf running aticonfig --initial, I had to add

DefaultDepth 24
            into the screen section, because fglrx groused about 8bit depth.

xorg.conf: http://pastebin.com/d56b4285c

Comment

Interesting. The driver was complaining about "MonitorLayout" IIRC but I don't see that in the conf file. Was this the conf file used for the startup which produced the log ?
              Test signature

Comment

I had an "Option MonitorLayout auto auto" 'cause I tried things that I founded on internet.

Comment

ahh.. ok.. after deleting amdpcsdb, X is up and runnig!
                  Now I have to disable the underscan...

Comment

Oh good. I'm talking to the devs about the best way to turn off the underscan; previous solutions don't seem to be working properly, stay tuned.
                    Test signature

Comment

sure! i'm wating

Comment

Working...
                      X