Fedora 10, fglrx 8.543 and AVIVO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,
    I have been reading these forums for period of time, and just decided to register.
    I'm rather new at linux, but I have a radeon graphics card, and I am aware of a problem with this file /usr/lib/dri/fglrx_dri.so on 64bit systems. You can try removing the file, and make a link to its 64bit version, like this:
    rm /usr/lib/dri/fglrx_dri.so
    ln -s /usr/lib64/dri/fglrx_dri.so /usr/lib/dri/fglrx_dri.so

This problem is also mentioned here: http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14027 , in the second post.
    As I said, I'm new to linux, but I think the problem may be that AIGLX, or fglrx (or something ) may be accessing the wrong file.
    If I'm wrong, I appologise for the intrusion
    Last edited by Kizo; 26 December 2008, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Ah.. how can I forget. Thanks to Kizo, I linked to the 64-bit version. That removes the error but there is still no offloading the video processing to GPU yet. mplayer still uses 100% CPU when playing hi-def video.

The new Xorg.0.log is here: http://www.pastebin.ca/1294233

Again, thanks to all the suggestions. Oh, yes, I'm using the xv video output for mplayer. The xv itself is fine, just not offloading video decoding to the GPU. After digging around for a while, it seems that what I'm looking for is XvMC. Bridgman, do you know what's the current status of it?
      Last edited by asun; 26 December 2008, 09:58 PM.

Comment

This is where I get confused. We never supported XvMC (or anything else that accelerated video decoding) in older drivers either, so I don't see how there could have been a regression. There has to be something else going on here, like not getting Xv acceleration or something...
        Last edited by bridgman; 26 December 2008, 10:18 PM.
        Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          This is where I get confused. We never supported XvMC in older drivers either, so I don't see how there could have been a regression...
          That's odd. I clearly remember a while back (during F9), mplayer was spewing something about AVIVO supported and the playback was really smoother that it was now. Oh well, I guess it'll remain a mystery for now. Is it possible because of the TexturedXrender that is malfunctioning now?
          Last edited by asun; 26 December 2008, 10:22 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure if TexturedXRender is supported yet or not; definitely try turning it off, but it shouldn't really affect playing back through Xv.

I'll take a look through the mplayer source and see if I can find what *they* mean by AVIVO

I looked through your latest X log and didn't see anything out of the ordinary at all. Starting to have the first doubts about whether this is a driver issue at all...
            Test signature

Comment

I just checked with fgrlx 8.561, "TexturedXrender" is not causing X crash anymore. It could very well be problem with different mplayer versions. I hope the AVIVO still leaves some traces in the mplayer source. Please keep me posted and thanks bridgman.

Comment

Working...
              X