VDPAU info tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    Interesting, what is your IGP memory size set to? Also what drivers are you running? 180.22's?
    hmm.. I not sure and I'm not currently at home but I found following lines from nvidia-bug-report run.

Code:
    (II) NVIDIA(0): NVIDIA GPU GeForce 8200 (C77) at PCI:2:0:0 (GPU-0)
    (--) NVIDIA(0): Memory: 524288 kBytes
    (--) NVIDIA(0): VideoBIOS: 62.77.2f.00.00
    Driver is 180.22.

EDIT: Video mem is 256MB in bios.
    Last edited by naakka; 13 January 2009, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by naakka View Post
      hmm.. I not sure and I'm not currently at home but I found following lines from nvidia-bug-report run.

Code:
      (II) NVIDIA(0): NVIDIA GPU GeForce 8200 (C77) at PCI:2:0:0 (GPU-0)
      (--) NVIDIA(0): Memory: 524288 kBytes
      (--) NVIDIA(0): VideoBIOS: 62.77.2f.00.00
      Driver is 180.22.
      It's odd that yours would report smaller height/width decoder capabilities compared to my 8200/780a chipset.

Comment

[edit] nevermind! I made an ID10T error.
        Last edited by Porter; 14 January 2009, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
          It's odd that yours would report smaller height/width decoder capabilities compared to my 8200/780a chipset.
          Ok, I just booted that machine and checked bios settings. Video ram size is set to 256MB. What advantages I get if I increase video mem to 512MB? I'm just going to playback different kind of videos (mpeg1-2, xvid, h264, vc-1 etc) and do some web surfing.

Comment

hi,
            what does "level" stand for? I heard the 9400s support PureVideo3. Wikipedia says the third generation includes "Bitstream Processing" for VC-1 does the "level" tell me whether its supported or not? I'd like to buy a 8200 board but Im not sure about PV3.

mfg
            derechteversus

Comment

Originally posted by naakka View Post
              Ok, I just booted that machine and checked bios settings. Video ram size is set to 256MB. What advantages I get if I increase video mem to 512MB? I'm just going to playback different kind of videos (mpeg1-2, xvid, h264, vc-1 etc) and do some web surfing.
              Increasing your video ram to 512 should allow you to run all 1080P vids without running out of vram. Some people seem to have issues playing larger clips when they only have 256.

Comment

Originally posted by derechteversus View Post
                hi,
                what does "level" stand for? I heard the 9400s support PureVideo3. Wikipedia says the third generation includes "Bitstream Processing" for VC-1 does the "level" tell me whether its supported or not? I'd like to buy a 8200 board but Im not sure about PV3.

mfg
                derechteversus

The 8200's (as well as 8300's) are PV3 chips. You will get full vdpau support on them as has been confirmed with the info tool as well as actually trying playback on the 8200's as can be seen in the above 8200 output info.

Comment

embarrassed to ask, but when I navigate to the directory and "make", I get a bunch of errors. make doesn't make any usable file in this directory.

obviously, I'm not very savvy. thanks for dumbing it down for me if any of you can help.

EDIT: output from make:
                  g++ -O3 -g -c -o vdpinfo.o vdpinfo.cpp
                  In file included from vdpinfo.cpp:37:
                  /usr/include/vdpau/vdpau_x11.h:44:22: error: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory
                  In file included from vdpinfo.cpp:37:
                  /usr/include/vdpau/vdpau_x11.h:122: error: typedef ?VdpDeviceCreateX11? is initialized (use __typeof__ instead)
                  /usr/include/vdpau/vdpau_x11.h:122: error: ?Display? was not declared in this scope
                  /usr/include/vdpau/vdpau_x11.h:122: error: ?display? was not declared in this scope
                  /usr/include/vdpau/vdpau_x11.h:123: error: expected primary-expression before ?int?
                  /usr/include/vdpau/vdpau_x11.h:125: error: expected primary-expression before ?*? token
                  /usr/include/vdpau/vdpau_x11.h:125: error: ?device? was not declared in this scope
                  /usr/include/vdpau/vdpau_x11.h:126: error: expected primary-expression before ?*? token
                  /usr/include/vdpau/vdpau_x11.h:126: error: ?get_proc_address? was not declared in this scope
                  /usr/include/vdpau/vdpau_x11.h:134: error: ?VdpDeviceCreateX11? does not name a type
                  /usr/include/vdpau/vdpau_x11.h:158: error: ?Drawable? has not been declared
                  vdpinfo.cpp: In function ?int main(int, char**)?:
                  vdpinfo.cpp:358: error: ?Display? was not declared in this scope
                  vdpinfo.cpp:358: error: ?display? was not declared in this scope
                  vdpinfo.cpp:360: error: ?XDisplayName? was not declared in this scope
                  vdpinfo.cpp:361: error: ?XOpenDisplay? was not declared in this scope
                  vdpinfo.cpp:367: error: ?DefaultScreen? was not declared in this scope
                  vdpinfo.cpp:374: error: ?vdp_device_create_x11? was not declared in this scope
                  make: *** [vdpinfo.o] Error 1
                  Last edited by 0nelove; 16 January 2009, 09:57 PM. Reason: output

Comment

Originally posted by 0nelove View Post
                    embarrassed to ask, but when I navigate to the directory and "make", I get a bunch of errors. make doesn't make any usable file in this directory.

obviously, I'm not very savvy. thanks for dumbing it down for me if any of you can help.
                    You might want to start by posting the output of the make command. It's kind of hard to troubleshoot when you just say it gives errors.

Comment

edited to add the output. I let mythbuntu update itself and I believe it is running the .29 kernel, if that is relevant here.

Comment

Working...
                      X