Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catalyst 9.1 with "Composite & Video Support" leaked!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wrote in another thread that 8.12 is "still slow as molasses with any compositing manager". Really slow. To me that's "doesn't work".

Comment

for me it is not 'slow as molasses' - the only think that is slow is manually resizing of windows - which is something I don't do much anyway. Everything is fast or fast enough.

Comment

It's as fast as XAA allows it to be I guess... Radeon+XAA isn't better for me, however Radeon+EXA (upstream code) is epic win!

Have a nice 24th of december.

Comment

I've never used a graphics card that could resize windows at a decent framerate with compositing enabled. On my GeForce 6800GS and my Radeon HD 4850 it looks like about 3fps, on my GeForce 8600M it might be 5fps.

Comment

The 9.1 beta seems good to me...

Compiz-fusion works great on my x700 Mobility resizing windows and watching videos seems to work like a charm. Firefox scrolling is still slow but that is to be expected.

Running FC10 here

Comment

Originally posted by plastikman View Post
              Firefox scrolling is still slow but that is to be expected.
              Say what? It might be expected if you were using a 486, but otherwise nope. I expect all applications to scroll smoothly and quickly under all circumstances, otherwise they are not fit for purpose.

Comment

then complain to firefox and gtk. Firefox (and gtk) is simply slow. Everywhere.

Comment

After some updates, ie: when Ubuntu release a kernel patch, or something, my copy of firefox will be VERY slow with scrolling, but to fix this I simply reinstall fglrx. Works everytime for me.

Comment

Originally posted by energyman View Post
                    then complain to firefox and gtk. Firefox (and gtk) is simply slow. Everywhere.
                    It isn't here. It's only slow when I enable compositing. With non-compositing, it very fast.

Comment

another joke release? If this is indeed an alpha then ATI must be playing catchup behind the scenes

Comment

Working...
                      X