Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catalyst 9.1 with "Composite & Video Support" leaked!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalyst 9.1 with "Composite & Video Support" leaked!

This website is for sale! ati-forum.de is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, ati-forum.de has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Can someone verify wether this works?
    I've sold my ATi HD2600M notebook a week ago.

Dennis

Mmh that sounds interesting but I don't think that leaks should be advertised on here... don't know about possible legal issue though. But oh well, every single month there are like 2 or 3 Windows Catalyst leaks...

Comment

Interesting - I haven't bothered to upgrade from Ubuntu Intrepid's version of 8.10, this might be one to try though

Comment

go ATI go

EDIT :

Anyone got them up and running ?
        Last edited by Tares; 17 December 2008, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
          Mmh that sounds interesting but I don't think that leaks should be advertised on here... don't know about possible legal issue though. But oh well, every single month there are like 2 or 3 Windows Catalyst leaks...

Not sure, but since beta testers are under a NDA... well, you do the math. I guess that as the hardware/software becomes more popular things like these are bound to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Tares View Post
            Anyone got them up and running ?
            Woo! It works!

Well, sorta...

I've fired up VLC and totem, and both played back video under compiz without flickering. Both displayed the video offset vertically by about 50 pixels though, and the totem window was completely black, with the controls only appearing on mouse-over.

Resizing the window, still gave a black bar at the top of the video, but I could see all of the frame in VLC by reshaping the window to be taller than default, or by switching to fullscreen.

Resizing occasionally gave glitches though - sometimes a static frame of video would get get stuck in a bar at the bottom, roughly the same size as the black bar at the top. Playing with it too much in totem completely crashed the display and threw me to another virtual terminal, although X still seemed to be running...

Also, the driver displays a watermark at the bottom-right of the screen, saying "AMD Testing use only" - I'm happy enough to go back to 8.10 once I'm done playing with this, but I'm sure it's just a byte in the persistent database or something like that to turn the watermark off

EDIT:
            I should mention, this is with:
            Radeon HD4850
            Ubuntu 8.10
            No options in xorg.conf Driver section
            Last edited by grantek; 18 December 2008, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Played with the output modules in VLC:
              - Default seems to be "Xvideo", gives results above
              - OpenGL gives flickering as usual
              - "X11 video output" gives perfect playback

Comment

Hmm, anything else about this version that makes it different than the ones before it? Say, more stable? :P

Comment

It's a beta, dont count on that atleast it's not stable for me (8.12 was working fine).

I've did my tests too, and as ppl above said, video xv output in mplayer with compiz enabled does not flicker anymore ;-) but fullscreen scaling is broken, it streches the screen too much. Windowed works fine.

Another thing, glxgears @ compiz kills my X's ;/ so far didn't noticed anything else.

Too bad it's a leaked version. I would be glad to send all those bugs to ATI ;x

Comment

Anyone tried this with an r300 chipset. Catalyst broken for my Mobility Radeon m10 since 8.10. Prob is, 8.9 won't work on Ubuntu Intrepid because of Xorg versions

Comment

Working...
                    X