Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catalyst 9.1 with "Composite & Video Support" leaked!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the compiz fusion "blur transparent windows" plugin still broken?
    Until 8.12 it just converted the alpha chanel to darkness somehow and with 8.12 it just does nothing...

Comment

Originally posted by porksome View Post
      Anyone tried this with an r300 chipset. Catalyst broken for my Mobility Radeon m10 since 8.10. Prob is, 8.9 won't work on Ubuntu Intrepid because of Xorg versions
      Still broken

Comment

Originally posted by PetBB View Post
        Still broken
        Great. So no hope for January's release, either.

DEAR ATI, IF YOU JUST DROPPED R300 SUPPORT, WHY NOT BE HONEST ABOUT IT?

Comment

Originally posted by Stormking View Post
          Great. So no hope for January's release, either.

DEAR ATI, IF YOU JUST DROPPED R300 SUPPORT, WHY NOT BE HONEST ABOUT IT?
          Absolutely Stormking.

If ATI want to gain any of my respect (and my cash when I purchase a new laptop) then BE HONEST WITH YOU CUSTOMERS.

No honesty = No respect

Comment

They shouldn't leak these beta versions, and you shouldn't make speculations on these beta versions.

AFAIK a beta version HAS bugs, and they need to be squashed through beta testing.
            and remember, the release will be the next month!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vighy View Post
              They shouldn't leak these beta versions, and you shouldn't make speculations on these beta versions.

AFAIK a beta version HAS bugs, and they need to be squashed through beta testing.
              and remember, the release will be the next month!!!
              If there were any new bugs, I would think "Okay, it's a beta. Beta versions do have bugs." But R300 support ist broken since 8.10! If there was to be a fix, it would be in the beta. This way, I was disappointed twice, this month. First, when 8.12 still didn't work with my hardware and second, because it is very unlikely that it will be fixed next month. So, I'll have to wait at least two more months.

Comment

If there were any new bugs, I would think "Okay, it's a beta. Beta versions do have bugs." But R300 support ist broken since 8.10! If there was to be a fix, it would be in the beta. This way, I was disappointed twice, this month. First, when 8.12 still didn't work with my hardware and second, because it is very unlikely that it will be fixed next month. So, I'll have to wait at least two more months.
                New bugs usually only get fixed three releases after first appearance because of the driver development schedule (they work on 3 releases at the same time, so the team that worked on 8.5 fixes the 8.5 bugs until release 8.8; at least, that's how I understand the problem...)

EDIT: Well... 9.1 - 8.10 is actually 3 releases, but at least that explains why they're taking so long to fix the problem
                Last edited by NeoBrain; 18 December 2008, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Just for the record... we do *not* work on three monthly releases at the same time. There is continuous development on a mainline, with release branches taken off periodically for QA testing and final bug fixing. I expect the primary issue here is that reproducing an "obvious" problem on an in-house developer's system doesn't happen anywhere near as quickly or reliably as you might think, and if the problem can't be reproduced in house it's kinda hard for a developer to fix it.

I'll see if I can find out what the situation is with R300 support.
                  Last edited by bridgman; 18 December 2008, 08:45 AM.
                  Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                    I'll see if I can find out what the situation is with R300 support.
                    Thank you, it would be really nice to know if there is still hope or if I just have to live with the open source driver.

Comment

Thank you, it would be really nice to know if there is still hope or if I just have to live with the open source driver.
                      What's wrong with the open source drivers? I'm using them and getting good video playback with compiz enabled. I have R430

Comment

Working...
                      X