No announcement yet.

Plymouth Planned For Ubuntu 9.10 Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with the Kjella. The fact remains that the current graphical bootup is a pretty poor implementation. If Windows or OSX had such a flicker-filled boot up we'd be mocking them. There is no reason a decent grub-to-desktop implementation cannot be flicker free, support modern resolutions, AND still allow for boot error notification. In fact I think current ubuntu usplash can be configured to be silent except under certain circumstances (fsck etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by yesterday View Post
      I agree with the Kjella. The fact remains that the current graphical bootup is a pretty poor implementation. If Windows or OSX had such a flicker-filled boot up we'd be mocking them. There is no reason a decent grub-to-desktop implementation cannot be flicker free, support modern resolutions, AND still allow for boot error notification. In fact I think current ubuntu usplash can be configured to be silent except under certain circumstances (fsck etc.)
      Sure. Just remove the "quiet" option, but not the "splash" one. You get a "pretty" progress bar (actually, it's pretty ugly) with scrolling boot messages underneath.
      At least that's the way Kubuntu works. I'd assume Ubuntu is the same, just in orange.

Also, for those who don't know, boot messages are logged on VT1, VT2, and/or VT8 while the system is booting with usplash, and I'm pretty sure you can hit scroll lock to freeze them.

Comment

Originally posted by yesterday View Post
        There is no reason a decent grub-to-desktop implementation cannot be flicker free, support modern resolutions, AND still allow for boot error notification.
        There is a reason: no kernel mode-setting = flicker, low resolution.

Comment

Plymouth Planned For Ubuntu 9.10 Integration

Hey,
          I am heard to glad thatPlymouth Planned For Ubuntu 9.10 Integration.Plymouth is the application which provides the graphical "splash" screen when booting and shutting down an Ubuntu system.some facts are there like:quick fast,start up,testing ,debugging etc...
          Locksmith Plymouth MA

Comment

Working...
          X