X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you use

vga=0

Comment

Where would I look for vga=0. I'm not seeing it in xorg.conf and if it does go there, what section does it go in?

Thanks,
      Bruce.

Comment

Nope, as kernel option.

Comment

OK I'm going through the kernel setup now but don't see any place to set that option. Is it under device drivers ---> graphics --->?

Comment

It disables the vga framebuffer as kernel option.

Comment

Your help is greatly appreciated but I still don't have a clue where to look for this setting. Do I put it in grub, or some other config file?

Thanks,
              Bruce.

Comment

You can put it there or you use the grub edit mode.

Comment

Originally posted by bruce32466 View Post
                  Your help is greatly appreciated but I still don't have a clue where to look for this setting. Do I put it in grub, or some other config file?

Thanks,
                  Bruce.
                  That's a kernel command line argument, so you'll have to append it the the boot loader's command line for the kernel to load.

You can test it as a temporary option, by hitting the 'e' key while highlighting your boot entry on the bootloader screen (this is for GRUB Legacy), then selecting the kernel entry (again, with 'e'), and editing it by appending the vga=0 option. Then, press 'enter',then press 'b', to boot using this temporary option.

For other bootloaders (GRUB 2, ...) ask again, I'll edit this post.

As an advice, this info are availaible on the net. next time, try searching for them, I't useful as you can learn other things too in the process.

Comment

Well, it's working nicely.

Thanks again.
                    Bruce.

Comment

Working...
                    X