writing a simple script for phoronix-test-suite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• writing a simple script for phoronix-test-suite

Hi hope someone can help me, I'm very new to shell scripting & I would like to have a shell script that would setup my batch-setup & run phronix either as a batch-benchmark or over a period of time.

Here are the commands I wish to us, can anyone help?

Code:
    #to setup the mode
    phoronix-test-suite batch-setup
    #to run a benchmark
    MONITOR=all phoronix-test-suite batch-benchmark universe
    #to run a benchmark over a period of time
    for i in `seq 0 19`;do  MONITOR=all phoronix-test-suite batch-benchmark universe; sleep 360; done
    Thanks Peter.

What happens if you try running those commands?

Are you trying to hook it into a cron job to run every so often or what?

Note: You only need to run batch-setup once but not every time you wish to use batch-benchmark.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      What happens if you try running those commands?

Are you trying to hook it into a cron job to run every so often or what?

Note: You only need to run batch-setup once but not every time you wish to use batch-benchmark.
      Hi, I change the batch setup depending on the run & if i wish to save the results or not.

eg:
      First I run phoronix-test-suite batch-setup & save the options I require, mainlty the file names I want the results saved to.
      Then I run MONITOR=all phoronix-test-suite batch-benchmark universe which
      runs the benchmark and saves the results along with systemperatures etc to the predefined filenames.

for i in `seq 0 19`;do MONITOR=all phoronix-test-suite batch-benchmark universe; sleep 360; done loops the test 19 times & sleeps for 360 seconds, for this one I don't usually save the results as I'm just checking for stability.

Peter.

Comment

Working...
      X