X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no 3870x2 support !

Comment

Originally posted by heng View Post
      I just wanted to say how wonderfully pleased I am with the Radeon driver shipped with Intrepid. No flicker, reliable suspend, compiz goodness - wonderful! No longer do I wait with baited breath for ATI driver 8.(n+1).

I feel truly sorry for all those people that have a card unsupported by the open driver.
      I wanted to say that, too.
      With the upgrade from Kubuntu 8.04 to 8.10 I've said goodbye to FGLRX - and I've found the open source Radeon driver is a lot better for people which cards are supported by it. Even if it's framerate in linux games is half of the FGLRX and doesn't have GLSL, it's a lot better for desktop with composite+desktop effects, xvideo, etc. - even in games it doesn't have such awful bugs as FGLRX.

Comment

so, I just installed the new driver and I am pleased. flickering with composite got indeed reduced.
        No downsides so far. No regressions.

Comment

Video is still a flickering mess with mplayer/xv, a little better with vlc/xv, but all-in-all completely unwatchable in a composited environment. Radeon-driver is currently way ahead in this area. ATI X1400/R500, Ubuntu 8.10 x86.

Comment

R300 broken

R300 support still broken
            Code:
            FATAL: Error inserting fglrx (/lib/modules/2.6.27-10-generic/updates/dkms/fglrx.ko): Cannot allocate memory
            Code:
            [  865.672990] fglrx: module license 'Proprietary. (C) 2002 - ATI Technologies, Starnberg, GERMANY' taints kernel.
            [  865.742869] [fglrx] Maximum main memory to use for locked dma buffers: 927 MBytes.
            [  865.743529] [fglrx:drm_alloc] *ERROR* [driver] Allocating 0 bytes
            [  865.743536] [fglrx:firegl_init_device_list] *ERROR* Out of memory when allocating device heads
            [  865.743541] [fglrx:firegl_init_module] *ERROR* firegl_init_devices failed

Comment

Any updates on video tearing?

Comment

Originally posted by energyman View Post
                are you unable to read? A bit blind?
                The 'glxgears may cause...' is under RESOLVED ISSUES

before you start ripping AMD, rip your teachers for not teaching you.
                I've downloaded the release notes and there is writing ...

Code:
                Executing [B]Glxears[/B] may cause the operating system to stop responding
                Executing [B]'Glxgears'[/B] may cause the operating system to stop responding
                This is under resolved issues, but what the hell is Glxears and why a double post? No alcohol @ work guys

Furthermore I want to thank the AMD employees for their (maybe?) hard work.

Ubuntu 8.10 with an PowerColor HD 3850 PCS AGP and it works GREAT ... until now
                Last edited by raulromania; 10 December 2008, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by heng View Post
                  I just wanted to say how wonderfully pleased I am with the Radeon driver shipped with Intrepid. No flicker, reliable suspend, compiz goodness - wonderful! No longer do I wait with baited breath for ATI driver 8.(n+1).

I feel truly sorry for all those people that have a card unsupported by the open driver.
                  Kick a guy while he's down, stupid 790GX. Though I suppose I knew what I was getting into, picking up a 'new' board.

Thankfully, I came up with a fool proof backup plan for this event -- mainboard swap I'll put this board into a less important system until the video tearing is resolved.

Comment

For me the main concern is: does it support the soon-to-be-released kernel 2.6.28 yet. Anyone tried on an rc?

Great to hear it supports Hybrid CF now. I might give it a try even. But not before April 2009 as I won't see my desktop pc for 3 months from tomorrow. See ya at Catalyst 9.3.

Comment

crap still doesnt work.
                      why do they even bother selling anything. stupid hardware, stupid software. stupid company.

Comment

Working...
                      X