AMD Catalyst 8.12 Linux Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have:

(EE) module ABI major version (0) doesn't match the server's version (1)
    (EE) Failed to load module "dri" (module requirement mismatch, 0)
    dlopen: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//fglrx_drv.so: undefined symbol: miZeroLineScreenIndex
    (EE) Failed to load /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//fglrx_drv.so
    (EE) Failed to load module "fglrx" (loader failed, 7)
    (EE) No drivers available.
    Install from command line. It solves Xorg ABI problem..

root # ati-driver-installer-8-12-x86.x86_64.run --install

Comment

Can anyone paste here his amdcccle, cause i think my is a little messed up ;/

Anyway I'm still unable to remove the libatiadlxx.so error. Did the clean install, but the result is the same, but there is a one thing that makes me wonder.
      In my /usr/lib/ there is a libatiadlxx.so with size :
      Code:
      -rw-r--r--   1 root root   [B]104232[/B] 2008-12-10 22:12 libatiadlxx.so
      but when I extract the ati driver, search for that file, the result will guide me to ./arch/x86/usr/X11R6/lib/ and x86_64, since im using 32bits so the file i want looks like this :
      Code:
      -rwxr--r-- 1 tares tares  [b]128766[/b] 2008-12-04 23:56 libatiadlxx.so
      Can anyone tell me why those two files are different ? Since I've removed anything related to fglrx before installing now driver, I dont have a clue why installing 8.12 it gives me different file.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkaine View Post
        For me the main concern is: does it support the soon-to-be-released kernel 2.6.28 yet. Anyone tried on an rc?

Great to hear it supports Hybrid CF now. I might give it a try even. But not before April 2009 as I won't see my desktop pc for 3 months from tomorrow. See ya at Catalyst 9.3.
        I'm running the latest 2.6.28-rc on Ubuntu Jaunty with 8.11, works great for me. Going to upgrade today later on, Jaunty seems to already have 8.561.

By the way, has anyone tested mplayer -vo gl with its several options? Particularly, force-pbo/ati-hack. Maybe that works again.

Comment

I gave it a quick try yesterday evening, after having problems with 8.10 and 8.11 (X failed to start, probably had something to do with my dual head setup with my (analog) TV).

So, I was hoping 8.12 would finally work again for me and I was eager even to try Hybrid Crossfire (HD3200 and a HD3450). Turned on Surround view in my Bios (only option looking relevant that I could find in my Asus M3A78-EM bios) and installed the driver. So I used something like:

aticonfig --adapters=0,1 --cfa --cf=on --initial=dual-head -f

Didn't work at once I think (it was the --cfa or --cf=on option that didn't work the first time, so I applied these options running aticonfig a second time). With aticonfig I could also list the crossfire chain, showing both graphics cards. But after a restart of my system, Ati Catalyst was showing three displays (two on the HD3450, that is correct) and one on the HD3200 (not correct, there is none, I want to use it for Crossfire).

When I rebooted my computer this morning I had the same problem as with 8.10 and 8.11 (X did not start). So I immediately went back to 8.9, but later on I though: lets try 8.12 without Hybrid Crossfire. So tried that, restarted a few times, X came up nicely every time.

So I'll give it a few more days, see if X starts correct every time. Maybe give crossfire another go (I assume I did something wrong in the setup). Meanwhile, I have CrossFingers that everything will work...

Actually, yesterday I was this close to typing a huge rant on this forum about the `crap' we get each month (after 1.5 year telling everybody that it gets better, that we see improvements and that it probably will take another half year before the drivers are perfect). Lets hope 8.12 proves to work on my setup properly (with or without Hybrid Crossfire).

Comment

AMD/ATI... ATI/AMD... aTi? Amd? Ooooh it is written AMD/ATI Mobility X160... Blah blah blah blah........... Guys, stop writing videocard drivers. It's absolutely pointless.

The only chance 'AMD/ATI' great future to come true some day is with nVIDIA - as the code-maker of amd/ati video drivers.
            Last edited by Xtigyro; 11 December 2008, 06:46 AM.

Comment

The only bad thing for me in this release is that the graphical corruption in Savage2 has gotten worse.

Comment

A good tester for tear-free driver - http://vbox7.com/play:a8b71ae3

Comment

Just upgraded. Well, again, I'm pretty impressed. Some problems I had with heavy h.264 videos on mplayer -vo gl are gone, the videos play with no hiccups. force-pbo doesn't work, but it doesn't matter as long as everything I have plays fine -- I don't even have to use ffmpeg-mt anymore.

I compiled mplayer with xvmc support but as expected, XvBA doesn't work.

Overall, once again kudos to AMD for a good release.

By the way, would anyone be interested in the binary of mplayer-mt or the source code I used to compile it?

Comment

Could someone try with a R300 with an other distro than Ubuntu(or debian) please?

Comment

It's a shame!!! xvmc XvBA are they crazy???
                      And when i try to play a video with compiz?????
                      It's time to AMD/ATI for wake-up!!! I wait for a decent driver since 2006... i'm discouraged...

Why the radeon OpenSource driver can play Textured Video with Composite, and propretary can't??? AnyOne can clarify it to me, please?

..i'm thinking to buy an nVidia video adapter.....

Comment

Working...
                      X