NVIDIA performance degradation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA performance degradation

I've been having this problem for awhile now, and wanted to know if it was common and/or there was a fix for it. I've searched a lot of forums looking for solutions and found nothing.

Basically, I start compiz fusion up, and things go perfectly smooth... for a few minutes. Then it starts getting REALLY REALLY jerky. If I grab the cube a few times it will fix it, and things go smooth again for a few minutes. It's starting to get really annoying. I've had this problem on both Linux (Gentoo) and FreeBSD.

Anyone got input?

Originally posted by R345 View Post
    I've been having this problem for awhile now, and wanted to know if it was common and/or there was a fix for it. I've searched a lot of forums looking for solutions and found nothing.

Basically, I start compiz fusion up, and things go perfectly smooth... for a few minutes. Then it starts getting REALLY REALLY jerky. If I grab the cube a few times it will fix it, and things go smooth again for a few minutes. It's starting to get really annoying. I've had this problem on both Linux (Gentoo) and FreeBSD.

Anyone got input?
    1) There is an issue with refresh rate. Using compiz settings manager Generalisplay settings: set refresh rate to 200 and enable sync to vblank.
    2) Using fusion icon set compiz options to loose bindings

these settings wotk best for me with 8800GT

What driver version you using?

Comment

Originally posted by seanbarman View Post
      1) There is an issue with refresh rate. Using compiz settings manager Generalisplay settings: set refresh rate to 200 and enable sync to vblank.
      2) Using fusion icon set compiz options to loose bindings

these settings wotk best for me with 8800GT

What driver version you using?
      I've done both of those things, and have been for awhile. The driver I'm using currently is 180.11

Comment

system monitor

Originally posted by R345 View Post
        I've done both of those things, and have been for awhile. The driver I'm using currently is 180.11
        Hi,
        180.11 is a beta driver some beta drivers have had memory leaks before, your better off with a release version I'm using 177.82 no problems here.
        Use system monitor to check if any processes are using high cpu, sometimes other programs can cause the stuttering.

Comment

Working...
        X