Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenSolaris 2008.11 Released

Phoronix: OpenSolaris 2008.11 Released

OpenSolaris 2008.11 is now available. As we've shared in our early look at OpenSolaris 2008.11 and OpenSolaris 2008.11 starts coming together articles, there are a number of updates in this Sun operating system worth talking about. Some of the feature updates include a time-slider Nautilus extension for looking at files from different points in the past through the ZFS file-system, improved suspend and resume, Distribution Constructor and Prototype Automated Installer, GNOME 2.24, OpenOffice.org 3.0, Firefox 3.0, and many other changes. OpenSolaris 2008.11 can be downloaded from OpenSolaris.org...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

My own opinions of OpenSolaris 2008.11 are here, on my blog So I'll keep this forum post short...

Comment

Originally posted by allquixotic View Post
      My own opinions of OpenSolaris 2008.11 are here, on my blog So I'll keep this forum post short...
      allquixotic, you've got 6 comment on your blog awaiting moderation. I want to see the other 5 reactions to your blog posting.

Comment

Originally posted by svrocket View Post
        allquixotic, you've got 6 comment on your blog awaiting moderation. I want to see the other 5 reactions to your blog posting.
        My sincerest apologies! All of my blogs on my b2evolution instance have moderation turned on, since I occasionally get hit with spam. I sorted through all of the replies and published them all, even though a few are redundant (the same person posting under different names? It really seems like it for at least two of them...)

Anyway, I'm glad the blog got so much attention. I'll continue to monitor it for further replies.

Sean

Comment

I wait for OpenSolaris 2009.05, because the radeonhd and radeon driver is too old for my card

Comment

Working...
          X