Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Test Suite 1.6.0 "Tydal" Alpha 2

Phoronix: Phoronix Test Suite 1.6.0 "Tydal" Alpha 2

The second development release in the road to Phoronix Test Suite 1.6.0 "Tydal" is now available. This release brings a number of new user features, pts-core improvements, and bug fixes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The automatic desktop environment detection is definetely a great feature.
    I noticed a huge performance drop (up to 50%) on my old Computer with an X1600 when running KDE4 in background.

Comment

I tested version 1 or so and there were some problems while using it on a PPC architecture. Are other architectures supported now (if the game is available of course)?
      And I would like to see how much compiling with flags makes applications faster, are flags supported, and the comparison with different/no flags enabled?

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
        I tested version 1 or so and there were some problems while using it on a PPC architecture. Are other architectures supported now (if the game is available of course)?
        And I would like to see how much compiling with flags makes applications faster, are flags supported, and the comparison with different/no flags enabled?
        x86 and x86_64 are always well tested. Beyond that, I don't have any access to PowerPC hardware so that goes untested. However, in recent versions, there is more work with architecture detection and test profiles that notify pts-core whether they have architecture limitations, etc. I'd be interested in knowing how it works for you on PowerPC.

Additionally, even just the phoronix-test-suite system-info output from PowerPC would be interesting to see if that works.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Sorry, I have no linux on a mac any more and I brought a new pc, so I have no possibility to test any more.

Comment

Working...
          X