Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 10 Comes Out With Five More Spins

Phoronix: Fedora 10 Comes Out With Five More Spins

Fedora 10 was officially released a few days ago, but the Fedora SIG (Special Interest Group) has this weekend announced the availability of a few application-specific spins for Cambridge. Well, seven different spins to be exact. Chitlesh Goorah has announced other Fedora planetary systems that include Fedora EL, Fedora KDE, Fedora BrOffice, Fedora Edu/Math, Fedora AOS, Fedora XFCE, and Fedora Developer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I have been wanting to try out the electronics spin for a while now, but have never gotten around to doing it. The flyer makes it seem quite impressive: http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/FEL...-flyer-f10.pdf

How well does it compare with mentor graphics tools, da/ic/accusim/vsim? Which technology libraries does it come with? I'm sure there is a spice simulator (ng-spice?) and an equivalent to ezwave? Maybe I will just have to try it and look at the docs on the disc/wiki. My "needs" are academic, just looking for alternatives.

I've been using octave 3 on my gentoo box with some old matlab files I'd written recently and it's been working pretty well, though the gnuplot interface does leave a lot to be desired compared to matlab's figure viewer. geda/xcircuit/ng-spice and others have been compiled and run once on this box as well. Just haven't been able to use them long enough to do anything useful.
    Last edited by audir8; 02 December 2008, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X