Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does phoronix have VGA charts for linux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does phoronix have VGA charts for linux?

i'd really like to see some kind of VGA chart for linux. especially considering how most cards perform very differently in the new environment.

Originally posted by Billy Mays View Post
    i'd really like to see some kind of VGA chart for linux. especially considering how most cards perform very differently in the new environment.
    You mean like toms? I believe Michael is going to be adding a comparative type search feature to the PTS online results in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
      You mean like toms? I believe Michael is going to be adding a comparative type search feature to the PTS online results in the future.
      yeah pretty much. i use phoronix for my hardware info since i'm more concerned with linux functionality so VGA charts would be awesome.

Comment

what is a vga chart?

Comment

Originally posted by mattmatteh View Post
          what is a vga chart?
          Like this:

Comment

Like these http://www.guru3d.com/category/vga_charts/

At least theirs is more reliable, Tom's is very Intel and Nvidia centric, and amany of their testing methods are faulty. Like why is Flight Simulator in the list of GPU benchmarks when al semi recent, midrange or better cardall cap it at the same framerate?

The reason for that is that is that Flight Sim is very CPU bound, much unlike a normal game, where graphics are more important then thousands upon thousands of physics calculations all being handled on the CPU. If it was GPU bound there would be a real difference between models of cards, resolutions used and detail settings used. Since there isn', and all crds where tested on the same machine, using the same CPU, meaning that in that case the program was CPU bound.

You will also see this kind of thing in other reviews, like the recent bad testing logic they had with SSDs in laptops.

Comment

Working...
            X